Saturday, January 17, 2009

Recovery - Day 5

Even though the Fatigue and brain fog is still hanging around a little bit, Man oh Man am I starting to feel better!

The abscesses on my head are healing up nicely....they itch like hell but that's a good sign. The swollen glands in my neck from the abscesses are starting to go down too.

Now this is starting to Feel like recovery!

I took my last Nuepogen shot on Thursday night and now I have to hear from Hershey about whether or not I can stop taking it. How nice it would be to be finally done with all injections!

WOOHOO! Life Is Getting Good!

Have a Wonderful Weekend Everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO, LAURIE!!! cheering for you ..... it's just going to get better! You deserve every happy, healthy moment. Enjoy yourself; you're DONE and clear!!!
Sue B

Dorene said...

Hey Laurie! So glad to hear that you are healing, thank you again for sharing, I hope you will continue this blog for at least a while to let us know how you are.
I love being able to come here, I don't feel so alone. I am calling Monday to go see my new doc. I hope he will be a little than what I had. It would be nice to have questions answered.
Again, so happy you are starting to feel al little better
Lot os hugs and positive thoughts coming your way
Love
Dorene

~sharon said...

Terrific to hear that you are feeling better, Laurie!! think the last 6 weeks of tx got a bit ruffer... it seemed like some sx ramped up to a new level, perhaps as a farewell, most likely due to the build up! thank heavens it didn't have to be longer than 48 weeks 'cos it sure seems like my body anyway, had reached its limit

I have been drinking lots of water all along and the mouth sores came and went, but they seemed to step up in the last weeks so that I got the magic mouthwash... I would have preferrred to just enjoy not taking anything else though :-/ Perhaps the increase was also increased due to the season since winter is much drier air the colder it gets... and it sure is cold!!

minor cuts, sores seem to have a harder time healing during the last weeks too.

On the positive side... I already feel like I'm getting a more restorative rest when I sleep... It really is nice to wake up actually feeling positive :-)

Enjoy!!
~sharon

SR said...

YEAHHHHHHHH!!! bless the universe bless you I am ever so glad your on the mend!!!!

Hugs and blessings from Boston