Thursday, January 15, 2009

Recovery - Day 3

Yesterday wasn't too bad.

The pain on my head is finally starting to let up. Itches like crazy but that's a good sign. My upper back is following my heads lead. Which makes sense because I think my back was caused by the pain on my head.

Even the Nuepogen behaved itself and didn't really cause much bone pain! How nice is that!

This morning waking up is slow but the further along I get the better I feel.

By this weekend I should be flying high feeling soooo much better.

Only problem so far with the day so far is that I'm going to have to go out. It's 8 friggin' degrees outside! brrrrrrrrrrr Tomorrow is supposed to be colder!

Wish we where going to Vegas this week! lol

Have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to Vegas? It's nice that you're taking a trip - gives you something to look forward to. Take it easy this weekend. All my best to Jimmie - Caregiver & Husband Extrodinaire!
MYS ;-}

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, so glad to hear that they gave you something for the abcess on your head and that you are starting to feel better. It does take time. On another note, I have an acquaintance that I share info with, he has just relapsed from 48 weeks on Peg and Riba. During your research did you ever see how long you have to wait to retreat? I didn't know so hoped you would not mind me asking
Again, I am very happy for you, you are in my thoughts every day
I thank God for the day I stumbled across your blog and I hope you keep it up for a long time, it is nice to keep in touch. Once we are feeling a little beter I would love to com to your pub and meet you and Jimmy
Lots of hugs coming your way!
Dorene

Rosie said...

Hi Laurie, It is so cool to hear about the recovery part of this journey. I bet this time next week you will really notice a difference. Since I started feeling better it was amazing how much I enjoyed the little stuff, even cleaning house was cool. LOL Hopefully the sores on your head will go away fast so you can enjoy the new drug free days ahead. Take good care of yourself.Hugs to you Laurie

PS Note to Dorene..they told me I would have to wait at least a year to re-treat. I don't know if that is standard or not.....Rosie

Dorene said...

Rosie, thank you so much, I do appreciate

Laurie said...

Boy Dorene I really don't know. Rosie is the best example that I personally know.

It makes sense that they'd have you wait before jumping into tx again. They say it could take as long as 9 months for the drugs to filter completely out of your system. I supose that after a year they'd be sure to be restarting fresh.

Tell your friend that we wish him the best. I hope it works out for him.

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Iris

We don't go to Vegas until April 1st. Seems like a long way off with all of this freezing weather. I Can't Wait! :)

Jimmy's has been Wonderful through this whole thing! What a sweetheart!

Thank you

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie