Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Recovery - Day 1

Wow is that a trip!...."Recovery - Day 1"....lol it's even fun to say!

We're back from Hershey with a script for Keflex to take care of the abscesses. This stuff should knock the infection out. Thankfully so since not only has it been painful but it seems to be causing the glands in my neck to swell. 10 days of taking 1500mg. a day should definitely do the trick.

I had the pleasure of taking all my leftover drugs and my study log back. It was such a pleasure to hand it all over! Of course it would have been more fun to throw it all into the garbage...but I had to resist the urge, they wanted what ever I didn't use back. Party poopers!

I found out today that I might only have to run one more week of Nuepogen and Procrit. If my counts come back not too bad that'll be it! My fingers are crossed.

It's a very cold and dreary day outside but to me today was the brightest and sunniest day in the past year!

After getting back from Hershey I took my daughter to the DMV to get her drivers test for her very first drivers license. Because I drove her I had to hand over my license.....low and behold mine expired! Guess who had to get her license renewed.....yep! I'm now the proud owner for the next 3 years of a license that has a picture of me wearing a scarf on my head! Doesn't that stink! lol....life is just not fair!

But the good news....Ta Da Da Dum....Crystal passed! YeeHaw!!! Congratulations Crystal!!!! Good Luck World!

What a day! Time for me to go crash on the couch.....

Have a Great Night Everyone!

:)

7 comments:

~sharon said...

YIPPEE!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can stop the Procrit and Neupogen soon too!

Tomorrow is my last day of Riba and I go to Hershey Thursday to turn everything in and start my Day 1 :-) I was thankful my last shot was last Friday but I feel more excited that it really ends tomorrow with the last of the Riba...

Laurie, didn't you say that you were in group A with 1000 mg of the study drug 2x/day? Since you had such a difficult time with that dose of the study drug, I wonder how people in group D did with 1500 mg 2x/day... it must've been really bad.

oh well... let's hope we get back to our energetic, happy selves soon... LOL errrr... well, maybe I'm too old for that :-)

~sharon

Dorene said...

Congratulations Laurie, so happy for you, thinking of you
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Sharon,

When Sandy told me that I had been on the highest dosage of the trial drug I looked it up on our consent forms incorrectly and thought that the group was group A. After going to Hershey I found out that it was actually Group D.

I know that there was at least one other person at Hershey that was having a really ruff time of it also....I never did find out what Group she was in. Hope she's doing better now though.

Last Day For You!!!! Congratulations on a job well done! WOOHOO!!!!!

Have fun on Thursday bringing home your Empty Blue Bag!! :) That stupid bag almost feels like a trophy now that it's empty!

Take Care My Friend!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Thank you Dorene!

:)

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

My Other Blog said...

I must have just missed this last night! Hooray for you! Now don't expect to run a marathon next week - give yourself some time to recover.
I'm so happy for you.

Terry Lee said...

Congratulations on a Job well done

Laurie said...

Thank you Terry and Iris!!!

((Hugs))
Laurie