Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 330 - 5 to go

Yesterday was just another day of eating Ibuprofen all day at work and grabbing a vicoden as soon as I got home. My upper back and head screamed all day.

I couldn't bring myself to take the Nuepogen shot last night with the pain that I was already in. I just couldn't stand the thought of adding bone pain to it for this morning. I'll take the Nuepogen tonight when I take the Procrit.

I think I made the right choice because after sitting for a while with the heating pad, taking a couple of sleeping pills and going to bed, waking up this morning the pain seems to be better than it has been over the past few mornings. I'm actually sitting here at the computer without being hunched over to one side.....not to mention that I can actually turn my head without having to turn my whole body. (hopefully I'm not jinxing myself)

Maybe if I have this one more day to recuperate the bone pain won't double up with the rest of it.

I just want to make it through the day without eating Ibuprofen all day and having to take a pain killer as soon as I walk in my front door. I seriously Hate taking drugs!

If ever I needed Ducky to show up it's now!

5 more days to go....Come on Ducky do an old friend a favor!

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

I'm sure I had days when I took Procrit and Neupogen the same day. You do what you have to do to get through this...The end is in sight! I can see you running through the tunnel into the Beijing Bird's Nest stadium and starting your final lap!

Laurie said...

Iris,
I kind of figured it would be ok taking the Procrit and Nuepogen together. The Procrit doesn't really seem to have any lasting side effects for me other than the stinging when it's being injected. I think it worked out better for me taking the Nuepogen a day later.

The end is in sight. :)

Thank you for your little tugs.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie