Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 329 - 6 to go

Man oh man yesterday was long. I spent the day fighting with myself about taking Vicoden while I'm at work. I already have enough brain fog and I didn't want more. In the end I stuck with Ibuprofen until I got home. The minute that I was in the door I grabbed a pain killer.

Between the abscesses on my head and my upper back killing me, I just sat and struggled the day away.

On the way home I stopped at the drug store and picked up some of those stick on hot pads. Which by the way really don't get very hot and where probably a waste of money. I wound up using my old hot pad up until I went to bed and then I stuck a couple of the stick on pads for the rest of the night. I popped a couple of sleeping pills and went out for the count.

This morning waking up my head is killing me, but at least I think my back might be a little bit better. Hopefully I'll be a whole lot better before tonight's Nuepogen shot. The thought of bone pain on top of the pain I'm already in makes me want to skip it....but I know my blood counts can't afford that.

Jimmy and I have changed our plans a little. We've decided to go to Vegas the first week of April and hold off going to Disney until Fall. We fly out on April 1st and back on the 7th. The Glass Craft Expo will be out there and neither of us wants to miss it. Last year I was so sick all of the time that I really couldn't enjoy so many things that I wanted to. This year will be a blast! I'll be off of tx and detoxed by then. So look out Vegas!

6 days to go.

I hope today gets better....

1 comment:

My Other Blog said...

One day closer and one day you'll never have to do again!