Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 303

Yesterday was just another day of aches and pains .....nothing that Ibuprofen couldn't tackle. Although I have to try to not take it so much. I try to take one at a time to space them out. When joint aches combine with bone aches it becomes a little hard not to take too many ibuprofen.

This morning the bone aches are gone and the joint aches are tuned down a few notches, so hopefully today will be easy on me.

The weather outside is horrible. They're calling for major ice. It's been icing on and off with rain pretty much since around 2 am but hasn't really hurt the roads yet. The rain and salt seems to be washing the roads free of the ice so far. Hopefully if the roads are going to get nasty, they get nasty before I have to leave for work and not while I'm at work. I've been stuck there once before and I had fun waiting it out at a close by bar.....but I can't drink now and really don't want to hang out there drinking soda. lol

Have a Nice and Safe Day everyone!

7 comments:

Terry Lee said...

Hi, we got home last night and it's great to be back in the good old USA.

As a side note, my hair has finally grown back except that I have less on top which I attribute to age. It seems it has taken me about 9 months.

~sharon said...

Hi Laurie... glad the restart hasn't been too too terrible.

I was on the B arm. 500mg test drug twice a day, 180mg peg and 1200 ribavirin.. I went UD at 2 weeks and then at 3wks went up to 175, 4wks 82 and UD ever since... I think the dragon tried to fight back a tad. My numbers were going down but never got below 500 to trigger the special test, but after they stopped the study drug it took 12+ weeks before they started to bounce back, so I think it was harder for you who were on the higher dose to bounce back especially since the peg and ribavirin are no picnic either.

I'm just gonna keep hoping that the viral load stays UD for all of us who made it there...

~sharon

Dorene said...

Morning Laurie, I am doing a little better, still tired, weak and having terrible charlie horse cramps in my legs. I had hoped that would start to get better, it seems to affect my entire body and jumps around. I am trying to drink more water, take electolytes. Not sure what else to do. I have to feel better, it has been almost 3 weeks, I am starting to actually do things so that is a good sign. I am glad that you are hanging in there. Congrats! I think about you all the time.
Lots of good thoughts and hugs coming your way
Dorene

Laurie said...

Terry,

I'll bet it's nice to be back in your own home after all of that traveling! The puppies must be so excited to see you!

9 months for your hair to grow back! Boy I was hoping that it would grow back faster!

On the bright side....at least it did grow back.

I'm amazed that it's already been 9 months!

Again, Welcome home to the both of you!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Sharon,

Glad to hear you found out about your Arm and I'm glad to hear it was Arm B. I think that Arm B was the best senerio.

The VL will remain UN! I'm sure of it!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene,

Maybe you should ask your Doctor if you should try a multi vitamin. You could get one without Iron.

These drugs have drained so much out of you that you may need to put some of that back.

((Big Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Dorene said...

Morning, I am thinking about you, hope you are doing ok. I am spoiled, every morning I go to your blog. Thank you for the vitamin advice, I will do that. While it has now been 3 weeks I can tell a difference in the hair loss, I know that is not as important as being UND, just wanted to give you some good news. Also was recently told that the meds attack dividing cells and does not know the difference between good or bad cells so that is why we have problems with skin, hair, mouth. Just some trivial information but it helps to explain to me why your doc said it is cell death.
Many good thoughts being sent your way, lots of hugs
D