Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 301

It's Tuesday and the body aches and pains are still hanging in there along with some major brain fog.

It's not so bad that I can't function. It's just bad enough to make me feel like crap and trying to think straight is a fight.

Because it is Tuesday I would have thought my little drummer boy would have let up by now...but nooooo the little jerk has torment me for as long as he can.

I'll grab the ibuprofen once again to shut him up. The brain fog I'm sort of stuck with.

One nice thing about it being so cold out right now is that the crisp cold air temporarily snaps me out of the fog. I wish I could just keep a bucket of ice water next to my desk at work.

Yesterday I was almost faced with having to calculate a few very long lists of numbers....it struck terror into my head! It was all over a spread sheet being off by 16 cents. I knew why it was off....I just could think clearly enough to reason it out. It was a frustrating half hour of sitting there and talking it out loud before I was able to make my brain cooperate. Thank God because the last thing that I needed was to try to run long rows of numbers through a calculator! I would have been there all night starting it over and over again and in my head I knew the Exel was calculating on the spread sheet right....the total was -16 cents for a reason. Brain fog was just blocking me from the explanation.

There are times when a work day is really ruff. I am so thankful that I work with an incredibly understanding friend who I probably drive nuts sometimes with my rambling. But Susan is always there helping me through it. I couldn't have made it through work without her support.

Tuesday...Nuepogen night....with and hope and a lot luck, I'll be rid of the body aches and pain before the Nuepogen brings on the bone aches. It sucks to get both at the same time.

Hey! I broke 300 days! 34 more to go....

Have an Awesome Tuesday everyone!

8 comments:

Dorene said...

Morning Laurie, thank you for the reply yesterday. Yes eventually I will get my unblinded results. I just know they got them and replaced them, who knows maybe they have decided to wait till the end.
I hope you have a wonderful day. I know how you feel about the brain fog and number, I work with numbers and I am using a calculator, arrgghh!
D

Terry Lee said...

Can you believe how long this tx takes and how screwed up we get? In 2 months it will only me a memory.
Hugs T

SR said...

bless you Laurie, I never realized the brain fog until you said something. My roomate is constantly telling I told you that already. For some reason I just thought it was getting old . So not fair but the fight continues and we shall win this battle !

Brightest Blessings
Sean

GOutten said...

I'm really glad I've found your blog. I can really relate to most all you're experiencing. I've had Hep C for seven years, did two different treatments but never cleared...came close. You and your husband have passed where I live. Ocean City, Maryland. What an incredible couple you two are. I have no doubt your dragon has no fire left, my thoughts are with you both.

Laurie said...

Terry! Are you Home now? It's the 10th...I think you are.

Welcome Home!!

Oh I can not wait...It's a very long road through tx!

Tell M that I said hi!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene,

Are you staring to feel better?

I hope so.

Maybe they'll find the report on your trial arm before your next appointment.

Take care my friend.

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Sean,

Brain Fog is terrible! It got so bad that I had to learn to write myself to-do list for just about everything. I also have a program on my computer that pops up reminder messages. It's really come in handy.

I've had to go as far as putting a bottle of Ribavirin in my car because I take them in the morning on the way to work while eating breakfast on the way. I got tired of having to turn around and go all the way back home because I forgot to put the Ribavirin in my pocket on the way out the door!

Funny how we adapt to these situations and side effects. (or at least we try to)

We Shall Win This Battle!!!

We are winning this battle.

Brightest Blessing back to you my friend.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

GOutten,

Welcome to my Blog! :)

Ocean City! Jimmy goes there every year to play in a Golf Benefit at the Beach Club Golf Course and he stays at the Caribean Tidelands Resort. He loves it there!

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't cleared. I can't begin to imagine that struggle.

I also can't imagine doing this twice! That must have been torment.

I can only pray that your dragon is easy on you.

They're coming out with so many new drugs that I'm very sure that they'll hit one soon that will be effective, shorter tx and not try to kill the patient.

Thank you so much for your kind words. This blog has become a major support for me. I don't know how I would have gotten through this without my friends here.

Again, I hope you feel well.

May your sleep soundly.

((Hugs))
Laurie