Friday, December 12, 2008

Day 304

It's Friday again isn't it?

Yep.....it's Friday.

Good news is that I'll be one more shot down. Bad news is that I feel like crap.

My body aches don't seem to want to go away this week and now with another Nuepogen shot under my belt from last night my bones are aching in unison.

I thought that maybe the sleeping pills where starting to cause me to feel hung over in the morning so I didn't take any last night. It was a big mistake because I couldn't fall to sleep until almost midnight. So here I am this morning still feeling that hang over feeling along with the lack of sleep on top of the body and bone aches.

whaaaaaaaa

Instead of the sleeping pills I'm starting to think that I simply may not be drinking enough water again. It's sometimes something that I forget to do at work when I'm busy. I'll have to make a conscious effort to count how much I drink.

There is always that "tx sides do what ever they want to do" thing. But I still have to have faith that there's something ....anything that I can do to make myself feel better especially since tonight is Peg. night.

For now I'll down a cup of coffee along with some Ibuprofen, take a shower and make my very old feeling body start to move.

34 days to go. Iris and Terry are right the end of tx is starting to feel hard again.

I hope I snap out of this.....

Have a Wonderful Friday Everyone.

7 comments:

My Other Blog said...

You can do this. Tell your bones to hang on, it will be over soon.

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, I finally got my unblinded results, I was in Arm A 1000 mg twice a day of trial 180 of Peg and 1000mg of Copeg
I hope that ups my chances and no wonder I felt so bad.
I hope the Peg is kind to you this weekend. I am still here cheering for you
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Hang in there bones!!!

:)

Laurie said...

Dorene,

No wonder why you and I have wound up having so many of the same symptoms!

We were kind of thinking that you might have been on the same arm as I am.

Hope your feeling better. Let me know....

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Dorene said...

Dear Laurie, I hope you aren't feeling too bad today, you are right, I wondered if we were on the same Arm myself but it took me contactin Roche to finally get the doctor to give me my information, they kept saying they misplaced it, they already dislike me so as long as I got what I wanted I don't care,well of course I care but I will never see these people after I finish up with the blood work. If I ever had to go on treatment I would not go to a trial doctor. I would go to a regular doctor as this guy has been terrible. I thought he was a doctor, so did my GP, he is a researcher and did not care about me at all. boo hoo poor me,
I would forget to drink water and I would feel horrible, I know it is hard, dress it up ice it up, do whatever you have to do but my doc said a minimum of 1 gallon a day. He also told me no coffee as that is a diuretic. I could not give up my coffee so I drank one cup a day. I drank more water in the last year than I have in my life ha ha. Wish I could email you cause I know sometimes my post get too long, sorry. Also, a friend on tx told me that water doesn't work very good for a dry mouth so I got a product from Biotene at Walmart when looking for ear drops and it is called Oral balance, I got it to use at night. Not bad, no taste really, there are some other products, just can't remember the nam. You are such a gem to ask how I am feeling. I am starting to feel like myself, I work with numbers like you and I realize I did some formulas wrong on Excel so I have alot of work to do to fix it. I am not that good on Excel and want to take a class once all the brain fog clears. I was refused rescue drugs so I might have been able to stay on longer if they had "tried" to help me. I think the Prodrug was very hard on our bodies.
Try to have a nice day
Love
Dorene

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, I hope you are ok, I understand if you feel too bad to write I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and hope you are ok
Sending lots of good thoughts, hugs love and support your way
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Dorene,

It's a shame that you wound up with the Doctor that you did.

I'm so thankful that we went to Hershey and found Dr. Jill Smith. She's been a awesome Doctor from the start. She would have been my Doctor even if I hadn't gone into the trial. She just happened to be recruiting for it when we first went to see her.

I try to stick to one cup of coffee a day. But there are those days that require a second cup. I know that the caffiene dehydrates so I try not to have that second cup unless the day is really bad and I have to make it through work somehow.

I actually like water now a days. I forget to drink it at work when I'm busy...but water is the only thing that I seem to crave.

Well....that and fresh squeezed lemonaide.

Even though you're done with tx you should still try to drink as much water as you can to flush the drugs out of your body.

I have the prescription ear drops from my last ear infection that I'm using to control the itch inside and outside of my ears so they don't re-infect. So far it seems to help. I don't think anything will really help them heal until I'm off of these drugs.

Thank you for your thoughts and good wishes.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie