Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 300

On Saturday I got a call from my Hershey Doctor checking to see how I was doing with the restart. That's a first.

For whatever reason this shot sent my little drummer boy thumping up and down my body. Aches and pains everywhere. It was an ibuprofen weekend.

This stuff is so unpredictable. I would have thought it would be easier on my since I hadn't taken the shot for 2 weeks. You can never tell what it's going to do....

I did manage to help my son get the tree up on Saturday night and on Sunday I took the morning to decorate it. Christmas Tree and stockings are the extent of my decorating this year....Simple, Pretty and easy to put away.

Other than a few loads of laundry, I stayed couch bound for the rest of the time.

This morning the little drummer boy is gone but the hangover and brain fog have taken hold. I'm sure that it'll get better as the day goes on.

Oh yeah......and I got a lot of Christmas shopping done online yesterday also. I'm actually almost done.

Have a Nice Monday everyone.

5 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Tis the season for the Little Drummer Boy! You haven't mentioned him in a while! I found that towards the end of treatment, I got the same type of side effects that I had gotten in the beginning of treatment, so maybe the drummer is telling you that you're almost through!
Come, they told me, ba-rum-pa-bum-bum
A newborn king to see...etc...
It's almost a relief for me to be worrying about your headaches instead of your entire immune system!

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, wowo, you put up a tree? And did laundry? You did alot more than I did! I am still not feeling well and almost feel as if I am going through all the sides from the begining, the body aches, then 4 days of diarrhea. Today is better, I hope, I normally jinx myself, every time I say I feel good some other sx occur. I figure it has to get better, it has been almost 2 weeks.
Have a great day
Love
D

Dorene said...

p.s. I tried to get my unblinded results and was told that the doctors office has misplaced the paperwork. They did tell me that it was unblinded, they just don't know where to find the paperwork, frustrating. I will let you know when I find out

Laurie said...

Iris,

That's my favorite Carol! I just wish he'd keep it on the radio and not my body! lol

:)

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene

ssshhhhh! By all means don't jinx yourself!

It's got to be a little bit of a shock for your body to all of a sudden stop taking all of these drugs.

I remember Teah saying that she still felt like she was on tx 3 weeks after she stopped the drugs.

It's going to take a little while for you to bounce back. Take it easy and hang in there.

Oh Man! They lost your paperwork? That stinks. I'm sure they can get another copy of it for you if they don't find it.

Let us know what they say.

((Hugs))
Laurie