Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 280

Monday was ok. Parts of it went fast, parts of it dragged.

After work I had the treat of going to see my GYN. What fun. The witch of a receptionist didn't say a word about our argument on the phone. I didn't think she would. Got my exam and script and off I went.

Of course it can't be that simple. During the exam Doc found and lump in my armpit. I told her that I have lumps everywhere right now....my glands have been swollen for months. And then of course the nasty word Mammogram popped up and out came the script pad for the test.

Umph.....I know it's just more swollen glands. The one that she found comes and goes. I don't think a cyst or tumor does that.....well maybe a cyst does, but not a tumor.

It's the drugs. I know it.

Other than that I've been eating ibuprofen because I still can't shake the body aches from Fridays shot. They're not too bad. Nothing that the Ibuprofen doesn't handle.

There's also the inside of my ears driving me nuts again. I'm trying not to scratch them for fear of another infection....but man oh man it get hard not to.

It's Tuesday....Nuepogen day. Hopefully the body aches go away by tonight before the bone aches kick in from the Nuepogen. That would suck if they don't.

Nope I'm not in a doom and gloom mood even though this post sounds like it. I'm actually in a "manage my sides" mood. Right now there's no real emotion to it. Just a lot of thought on how to deal with my body and what's going on today.

Overall I don't think I feel too bad. I'll pop some Ibuprofen, ignore my ears and I'll force the day to get better.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

4 comments:

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, you probably already tried this but when I was small my Mom used to warm up some olive oil or some kind of oil and put a few drips in my ear. Would that help with the dryness? Just a thought, sorry if you have already tried it. I am feeling pretty dommy and gloomy, sorry, I am tired of being sick and tired. I want this to be over and while I know people mean well, 6 weeks sounds like a long time to me to be insane :)
I am very klutzy, not thinking clearly, not driving clearly, thoughts are just not clear. I know I will be ok but then what if I make a huge mistake in the car? I am just venting, ignore me.
Boy Tuesdays are almost as bad as Mondays. What I do is tell myself, tomorrow will be better, I just have that Mantra, tomorrow will be better. So I am sleeping my life away. I have never watched so many Law and Order Shows in my entire life :) Thank God for cable!
Have a great day tomorrow, it will be better
Love
D

My Other Blog said...

Good idea about the olive oil Dorene! Laurie - didn't an oil product help your scalp? You could give it a try.

Laurie said...

Dorene,
My heart goes out to you.

I know that when I get like you are right now, there really isn't too much that you can do about it but sleep. Just make sure you watch after your temperature and call doc if it does up.

When is your next appt.?

Take it easy and get all of the rest that your body wants.

Better days will be along soon.

Take care my friend.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

I've tried olive oil and it did help, but ever since my horrible ear infection I'm really affraid of putting anything into my ear.