Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 262

Well after 2-1/2 hours at the eye doctor they can tell that I'm on lot's of drugs but they don't see anything big time wrong with my eye's.

The drugs have changed the diameter of my contacts. Doc say's that normal for being on so many drugs. There's also 2 tiny spots in one eye and 1 tiny spot in the other. He said that this also is from the drugs and will probably go away once I'm off. Neither of these things is causing my periods of blindness. His diagnoses is that I'm having a Basilar migrane from the drugs. It's a type of ophthalmic migraine who aura fills both visual fields and may be accompanied by dysarthia and disturbances of equilibrium.Which he say's will also go away once I'm off of them. He also said that it could be a type of slight seizure which wouldn't be very abnormal with taking so many different chemicals. But he's leaning more toward the Basilar Migrane.

That Diagnosis is being sent to Hershey. I wonder what they'll do with it.....

I only have 73 days to go. They may not do anything since I only have it every so often. My fingers are crossed.

Good news is that there's nothing wrong with my eye's that finishing tx won't help. Even if the spots remain after I finish the drugs, the Doctor doesn't think they'll ever cause me any problem.

It's Friday. Waking up is a little tuff but I think my head is clearing. Brain fog has been kind of tuff this week....probably because of all of the extra drugs that where added for the infection. LOL it's pretty bad when you have to use the front and back of a paper to list all your medications for a Doctors appt. It took the nurse 15 minutes just to type them all into the computer.

Past all of that I think I'm ok this morning. That's a real good thing because I'm hoping for a nice weekend.

Hope your weekend is nice too!

6 comments:

Terry Lee said...

73 days and you're through and good riddens to bad drugs!

Dorene said...

I'm glad your eyes checked out ok.
It was a good idea just to check it out. I went last month cause I was having problems.
I hope you have a nice weekend
D

Laurie said...

Hey Terry! Yes the days are counting down....thank God!

After next week my "weeks" will be in the single digits. WooHoo!

Tell your beautiful Wife that Jimmy and I say Hello!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene,

What kind of problems where you having with your eye's?

They told me at Hershey that a lot of people where having eye problems, but they wouldn't say what kind of eye problems.

((Hugs))
Laurie

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, I have been having very dry eyes, scratchy feeling and blurry vision, sometimes I just can't see well enough to read so they sent me to an ophthalmologist and she said everything was fine except that my eyes were extremely dry (right after I put drops in them) and that could cause the blurry vision so she gave me some drops to use, it does help. Every morning I wake up with dry painful eyes, been happening since I started tx. I also read about people getting "cotton spots" which go away after treatment.
Thanks for asking, have a great day!
Love
D

Laurie said...

Dorene,
I've had the dry eye's off and on throughout tx. It's mostly in the morning waking up when the heat is on. A couple of rewetting drops and I'm on my way.

I don't get the "Cotton spots", I pretty much get something that looks like static on your tv. Starts off as a small spot and grows until it blocks out my vision in both eyes.

But like the Cotton spots, my eye doc thinks it'll stop once I'm off of these drugs.

I Don't know what Roche or Hershey thinks yet....

Take Care
((Hugs))
Laurie