Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 264

I woke up yesterday morning and took my daughter to the eye doctor for her routine exam. Afterward I made her help me at the grocery store and carry the groceries into the house.

I got the groceries put away and even got some light housecleaning done. By afternoon fatigue kicked in and I went couch bound.

All in all this weekend has been nice to me. I have that drug hangover going on this morning but at least I'm able to function.

With any luck my brain fog will go away by this afternoon because I have to sit down and prepair for a UC appeal hearing for tomorrow morning. I tried all week last week to lay out my questioning but the brain fog was too thick and I just couldn't think through it. By this evening I'll have no choice...the hearing is at 9:30 tomorrow morning. Hopefully my brain fog doesn't cost us the ruling.

At least this weekend is so much better than last weekend. My ear infection is cleared up and by tomorrow I should be able to drop the antibiotics. Dropping drugs at this point is always a big plus!

The Hot 6 Oil continues to be the best thing that I've found for my dry and chapping skin. It's cleared most of it up around my ears and my scalp is feeling so much better because of it. It is something that I've learned I'll have to use everyday to maintain control over it. If I skip a day the dryness starts to come back immediately.

Well it's 2 days until election day and our phone doesn't stop ringing. Most of the calls have come from the McCain campaign, probably because Jimmy and I are Republicans. I would have to give the McCain campaign an "F' for effort considering that when one of the phone calls was an actual human she asked me who I was going to vote for....when I said I was voting for Obama she said "oh....ok" and hung up! She didn't ask me why, she didn't try to talk McCain up, she didn't try at all to change my vote....lol....she just said "Oh, ok" and hung up!

LOL, I can't help but wonder why they are bothering to call?

I figure it this way, the next time a I get a McCain phone call, that is an actual Human, I plan to only say "Oh...ok" and I'll hang up.

7 Phone calls in one afternoon (5 from McCains Campaign, 1 from Obamas, and 1 for a poll) is way too many calls in one Saturday during tx much less a day when you feel healthy!

Today is Sunday. Historically this has been a day of peace, rest and worship. When I said to Jimmy that at least tomorrow is Sunday he said "Sunday! Oh they'll still call". I believe he's probably right. What's worse is that they aren't calling to try to sway my vote and convince me...they seem to be calling just to be a pain in my ass! Maybe today I'll bust them back....that is if I get a Human instead of a recorded message.

Election day is 2 days away. By the time this is over we'll all need Prozac!

Have a Nice Sunday Everyone!

3 comments:

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, glad to hear you are starting to feel better, I opened the blog to a wrong day, told you about a cool scarf I found, sent the msg then realized I was on last week when you were so sick. Sorry the brain fog is doing me in.
Love
D

Laurie said...

Cool! I'll have to check it out.

I found this site too:
http://www.coveryourhair.com/

I got the scarves in about 3 days and so far they're nice. It's just going to take me a little while to get used to wearing them.

Thanks!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Dorene said...

Dear Laurie, this is great! I just went to the site I am going to wear scarves too, started yesterday but need more than the one, ha ha
Have a great day
D