Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 258

This was a ruff weekend!

By Saturday afternoon my little drummer boy had traded his ice pick in for a hatchet and was wackin' away at the inside of my ear! Or at least that's what it felt like. It got down to that "I'll do anything if it'll stop hurting" point and Jimmy talked me into calling Hershey. The Doctor on call for Dr. Smith told me to go to the emergency room saying that with a low white cell count my body isn't fighting the infection even with Keflex.

So off we went. After CAT scan later to make sure the infection hadn't gone to my skull bone they hooked me up to an I.V. antibiotic and then sent me home with horse pill sized antibiotics, Ear drop antibiotics and Vicoden for the pain.

Saturday night there was no sleeping. Not even the Vicoden stopped the pain.

By around 6 am on Sunday morning it was down to a throb and I finally fell to sleep.

Last night wasn't as bad. I'd sleep a few hours, wake up, take something for the pain and go back to bed. At 6 I finally just said to myself that I may as well just get up.

Now I just feel like shit but at least the pain is still just a throb.

I'm going to try to go to work. If Ibuprofen doesn't keep it tolerable I'll just come home.

The one good thing that came from this weekend is that Jimmy went searching for this stuff called Hot 6 Oil made by a company called African Royal. It's a hair and body oil that Rosie said works for her on her dry skin and scalp. Finally after many months of buying and trying products, I think this one is actually doing some good. I guess I'll know better in a few days.

Thanks Rosie!

I wish I could use it inside my ears! lol

Here's to hoping Monday get a little nicer to me.....

4 comments:

Dorene said...

Good Morning I really admire you for trying to go to work today. I am so sorry you were so sick. I hope you feel better soon
Hugs
Dorene

My Other Blog said...

I can't imagine what you're going through! I hope your antibiotics kick in soon and kill the infection that's causing the pain.

Dorene said...

Morning, I am hoping you are feeling better this morning, what a nightmare! Ear pain is the worst, I hope that by getting the IV antibiotics that you are feeling better this morning.
I am thinking of you and praying for you
D

Laurie said...

Thank you Iris and Dorene.

Hopefully by this weekend it'll be nothing but a memory.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie