Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 256

I wound up taking my Nuepogen shot (that I forgot about on Thursday night), the peg. shot, Ribavirin, a sleeping pill, 2 ibuprofen and 500mg of Keflex (for the ear infection) and then I went to bed last night.

It seems that the little drummer boy has found an ice pick and is now having a grand ole time inside my ear.

On top of everything else?.....yep that's just what I needed.

I slept pretty good considering. I woke up about 3 times and swallowed another Ibuprofen each time. But in between, when the ibuprofen was kicked in, I slept.

Thank God because I probably would have puked after taking so many drugs.

I woke up this morning with my ear screaming out pain....so I just got up. 2 ibuprofen and an hour later the pain is starting to let up somewhat.

The little drummer boy is a bastard!

Now that the pain is letting up and I can take inventory of how the rest of me feels....I've felt worse Saturday mornings.

One things for sure, this will be a couch weekend.

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Glad to hear you're on an antibiotic for the ear infection. With all those drugs in you, I'd be surprised if you even wanted to get up from the couch! Take this weekend to rest, and you'll be better by Monday.

Dorene said...

Dear Laurie, thinking about you, hoping your ear is feeling a little better today, I think it take 3 to 5 days for the antibiotics to start working. Take it easy, rest, be good to you
LoveDorene