Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 254

Yesterday was a killer. It was a long brain fogged day that took forever to pass.

I came home from work last night and was in bed by 7:30, took a sleeping pill and slept. I woke up this morning feeling a whole lot better.

I finally broke down and ordered 2 scarves and a snood to cover my head. I think I've gotten to the point that I just don't have any choice anymore. My hair continues to fall out, now even the side of my head has more scalp showing than hair, and my scalp is so dry that it gets cracked and painful. With the cold weather coming on I'm afraid it'll dry out even more if I don't cover it. (not to mention my head is starting to get kind of cold)

My Study Nurse tried to call around to see if she could find something that might help, but the only thing that she was told was to have me try to use baby shampoo. Other than that there really isn't too much that I can do about it.

Now I'm down to trying to only wash my hair once a week. I've been using a first aid cream where ever I can in hopes that some of it will heal.

Even the insides of ears are dry, itchy and sore. God only knows what you do about that! lol

So thats it! I'm taking the plunge into scarfing it! My plan is to just put it on in the morning and not look at another mirror for the rest of the day.

Hopefully I wind up looking more hip than I do sick! If anyone stares maybe I'll just get a shirt printed up that says "Caution I Get Riba-Rage!". lol

Anyway, I'm determined to have a good day!

I Hope you do too!

2 comments:

Terry Lee said...

My hair still hasn't returned, at least yours will come back when your done! My tx seems like a distant dream when I think back about it. I don't remember too much about it and I guess that's a good thing. You're almost done, best to Saint Jimmy. Go BAMA

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, like you all of a sudden my head is noticing the cold, I bought a couple of beannie caps and some scarves, thought I would practices this weekend. My work is right on the water and when that wind blows I feel like my hair will fly away with the wind. I have now lost over half of my hair. I can sympathize with you. I don't want to have to use anything but at some point I have to. I just hope it grows back in as fast as it fell out. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of love your way
D