Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 247

Yesterday morning was such a good morning that I woke up and started watching a recording of the debate between Obama and McCain. Before I knew it it was time to go to work! I didn't get to post...

Yesterday at work the day flew as I was trying to re-do formulas in a major spread sheet that I created 8 years ago. It was like looking at something in a different language. Even though I wrote all of those formulas, I haven't had to touch them for 8 years. Thank God my brain was pretty clear.

It's going to take me a few days to get all of the formulas rewritten. I'll just have to work at it on days that my mind isn't bogged down with brain fog. I have until November 1st to get it completed. Hopefully I have enough clear minded days between now and then. If not I'll just have to manually run some figures until the spread sheet is up and running right again.

All and all yesterday I felt very good. I was even able to stay up until 9pm last night before crashing.

It was a very nice break.

Today's Friday and I can tell because I have that achey old lady feeling that I get the next morning after the Nuepogen shot. Monday I go to Hershey and hopefully my counts are high enough that they'll let me cut the Nuepogen back to one shot a week....or none at all would be nice. They've been watching my white blood cell count for weeks now hoping the white cells could hold their own.

I'm afraid that I'm stuck with the Procrit though. My Red cells just don't really want to move. But that's ok, Procrit doesn't seem to give me any side effects outside of the injection it's self.

Friday also means Peg night tonight. Boy I hope it's nice to me this week! I know it'll make me feel like crap....I just hope it doesn't totally couch me. It's a flip of a coin lately.

There are those weekends where I feel like crap but still I can function slowly. Then there are the weekends like last weekend that has me on the couch and not able to do anything.

There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's just eany, meany, miney, moe! One weekend is not too terrible and then bam here comes a couch weekend!

I guess I have no other choice but to roll the dice, take the shot and just find out.....

Have a Ducky Day everyone!


4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Oh crap, I forgot about all the other shots, I was just thinking about Peg shots.
You're right - the only side effect from Procrit is being increased energy and the ability to function. I hope Ducky sticks around for the weekend~

Dorene said...

Hi, I wish they would give me some procrit, I have no energy and am barely functioning, they say I don't need it so I guess "they" must be right. I could use it for work though, I work with millions of numbers and there are days they all blur together. My work thinks if I show up I am ok. The good thought for today is that I am now down to 10 shots, I can not wait to be done and start to feel better
Hope everyone has a nice weekend

Laurie said...

Oh Dorene, not having to have Procrit is a good thing.

Procrit is for my low red blood cell count. It's making my body produce red blood cells and Platlets. Without it I wind up with the blood transfusion.

It doesn't so much give me energy to go to work as it does to be able to lift my head off of my pillow.

The "increase energy and ability to function" part that Iris is talking about is the energy and ability to walk rather than taking a wheel chair.

For what we go through, there is not magic potion.

The good thing about working with numbers is that we have desk jobs...bad thing is that brain fog really messes with working with numbers. I find myself having to triple check every figure that I do and there are times that I'll go to do something and I'll wind up sitting there staring at it not being able to remember how to even start.

My heart goes out to you...I know it's ruff. You've made it all this way in a stressful work enviroment and you've hung in there when I'll bet they thought you'd be quitting!

10 more to go! 10! Next week you'll be in single digits!

You Go Girl!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Dorene said...

Dear Laurie, thank you so much for this reply, it lifted my spirits and made me understand that there is no magic pill that will give me the energy I want and need to clean my house. There are days I feel like a failure because all I can do is go to work come home and lay down. I try very hard not to feel guilty I know I am fighting for my life, I feel inadequate and you make me feel so much better, thank you, God Bless you, you are an inspiration to me, you keep me going
Lots of love and many more hugs your way
D