Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 240

Well I made the call yesterday.

At first the receptionist said no, you'll have to see the Doctor for a refill.

So I told her I'm not going to argue....I just don't have it in me. I'll keep the Dec. 8th appointment and I'll do without. One more symptom on top of the side effects that I already have won't kill me.

But then someone in the back ground said something and she says to me "we don't want you to have to do that". I said I have no choice and she said if they make a sooner appointment for after 5:30 could I do that? I said sure! That's all I was asking for.

Finally she comes up with Nov. 17th at 5:30 and tells me she'll call a months worth of script in for me.

Now why couldn't she have done that yesterday?!

So that's it. Wednesday she was being a bitch and Thursday the Doctor was in so she was being all nicey nicey!

Whatever.

Now I seem to be on some kind of emotional roller coaster. Even having to take the Nuepogen shot brought tears to me last night.

Hopefully the weekend will help me pull out of it.

I'm thinking about cutting all my hair off again. My scalp is so dry that not only does it flake all over the place but it's starting to crack too. Along with that my hair seems to continue it's departure.

I've used everything. Nothing seems to help. I stopped by the drug store for my patch script last night and bought this stuff called T/Gel. It smells like Tar. It's supposed to help extreme dandruff and stuff and it's suppose to work right away.

I came home and jumped in the shower even before supper. So far other than having stinky hair, I don't think it did much of anything.

It's coming down to deciding if I want hair or do I want relief from a painful and itchy scalp.

95 days to go.....slaying this dragon is a really tuff little war.

Peg. shot tonight....at least the weekend is on the other side of that.

Have a good day everyone..

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

I'm so happy someone at your doctor's office had some sense! You can stretch the patches out by only changing them every 4 days, instead of twice a week, but then that's something else to have to remember. I'm against people cutting all their hair off - maybe you could get a layered cut? Have you tried any hot oil treatments on your scalp?
I hope you have a great weekend.

Laurie said...

Iris,

I've tried everything in the drug store now. Everything from V05 hot oil treatment to Head and shoulders. After my hair air dries my scalp just seems to dry out with it making my skin tight and flaking.

T/Gel was the last thing on the shelf left.

The T/gel might be helping a little bit. I'm actually using it and then rubbing moisturizer onto my scalp through my hair.

I don't want to cut it, but shampooing it with the T/gel (or any shampoo) causes it to fall out in clumps. I can't not shampoo it because not shampooing it causes my scalp to become so dry that it cracks and stings. I have to deal with it at least every couple of days or it becomes a real mess.

Boy I just don't know what to do about it.....

Thanks for the advise though.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie