Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 230

Well I think I deal with Riba-rage pretty good normally. But I have to admit that some things that would normally just irratate me really can piss me off now. I'd say I had one of those moments yesterday....actually one of those hours!

One of my jobs at work is to negotiate rates and check invoices with trucking companies. Each of the trucking companies has a sale rep. One of the trucking companies that I deal with has the majority of our LTL lanes and can't seem to keep a sale rep. for any amount of time. About 3 months ago they hired a new guy.

The new guy is a total idiot when it comes to trucking! He knows next to nothing about it and he's out in the field handling accounts like ours. On Friday I recieved an incorrect billing due to someone there re-classing our freight even though our pricing agreement has an FAK on it. I did what I always did in the past and contacted our Sales Rep. to straighten it out and stop it from happening again in the future.

Yesterday I got a call from the Rep. saying he's working on it, but that the billing may be right. After explaining to him that we have a pricing aggreement, I began to realize that the Rep. had no idea what I was talking about and he had no idea what a freight class actually was. I began explaining class and our pricing aggreement to him to him while he continued to talk over me rambling on about things that have nothing to do with our account or pricing aggreement.

The riba-rage kicked in. But I tried to control it. I told the guy that he does not understand what the problem is.....and he continued to ramble. I finally told him that I didn't care what class he wanted to call our freight, when it comes to billing for it he has to follow the pricing aggreement that we have set up with his company!

The idiot actually told me not to lecture him!
Ba-Boom! Riba-rage slammed the phone down!

This guy has to come in to see me tomorrow morning....what do you want to bet he doesn't show up? Or if he does he brings someone with him. I hope like hell he brings his boss!

After slamming the phone down I called their billing dept. where I talked to a lady name Marjie who after I explained the problem, told me to just fax over a copy of the pricing aggreement and she'll have it corrected and fax me back a corrected copy.

If the idiot brings his boss I plan to tell his boss that he should promote Marjie to Sales Rep. and get rid of the idiot!

O.M.G. ......ok I'm done ranting! lol

Outside of yesterday being an insane busy day, the fatigue wasn't near as bad a past Mondays usually were. It didn't really hit me hard until around 7pm. That seems to be my limit and then it's bed time.

Waking up this morning was slow going again. I could have used another couple of hours of sleep. Now that I'm awake though, I think that the day might turn out half assed good.

My fingers are crossed....

Ducky's still hanging out with me!

No comments: