Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 226

WOOHOO!!!! Terry had his post tx 6 month blood work done.....

TERRY IS CURED!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

:) Congratulations Terry! :)




Yesterday morning was busy. I woke up at 6:30 and had to be at my Family Doctor by 7:30. I haven't seen him since I started tx and I had to a refill on my Propanolol for my heart. It was a nice visit. He's very supportive.

By the time I got out of his office I had just enough time to make it to work.

Run, run, run.....not the thing to do while on tx.

I made it to work on time and the work day was busy.

By late afternoon my study nurse Sandy called. My Lymphocytes have gone from .29 to .33 . Not the increase that I would have liked....but an increase no less. I'm staying on tx and hoping that my Lymphocytes continue to go up.

My Haemoglobin is still pretty low so more than likely I'll stay on the Procrit.

Now I'm waiting for the Doctor to look the blood work results over to determine if anything needs to be adjusted on my meds. I might still be able to get rid of one of my Nuepogen shots.

I've taken 122 injections so far (my poor tummy!)....61 of those have been Nuepogen. It would be nice to get rid of at least one a week.

Last night I did the normal to bed at 7:30. It seems like my body shuts down with the sun.lol

Woke up this morning sluggish and moving slow. You'd think that I'd be wide awake after 11 hours of sleep, but no, waking up comes slow.

Still the reduced dosage is much easier on me. Last week was better than the week before and this week has been a little better than that. I guess that makes next week even more promising.

It's Friday again.....All the rest of the days seem to go by so slow, but not Fridays! They seem to just jump right up.

16 more Fridays to go.

Have a nice Day Everyone.

7 comments:

Dorene said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO TERRY! I am so happy to hear the news!
Laurie, so glad your lymphocytes have gone up. that is good news so you can stay on tx.
I am glad. Have you found a scarf or something for your head? I am thinning so badly that even the hair on a barette no longer works as the hair it to thin to hide the barette.
Any suggestions? I know dumb thing to worry about. Losing it is bad enough but the texture has also changed so all I can do is clip it back, not such a great look. Oh well, me whining again, what a shock! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I am going back to the couch :)
Lots of love
Dorene

Terry Lee said...

Thank you Dorene!

Rosie said...

Laurie I am so glad your blood counts went up and that you are staying on tx Congratulations.
Congratulations to Terry Lee too. Next year Laurie we will be hearing about your 6 month results and I am sure they will be great too. Rosie

~sharon said...

Terrific news for you, Terry Lee! so 6 months after tx if the viral load stays UD you can be considered cured?

YIPPEE, Laurie your lymphocytes are inching up!! :-) Keep good thoughts ...

~sharon

Laurie said...

Dorene,

I found a pretty good website:
http://www.coveryourhair.com

I'm thinking about maybe a snood or a beret. I just don't know about the scarf idea...outside of riding on a motorcycle and wearing a bandana to keep my hair out of my eye's, I've never really tied one before.

Hope your weekend went well.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Rosie,

Thank you!

How are you doing?

I hope you're feeling better!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Sharon,

You get tested 6 months after you finish tx. If you come back still undectable you're considered Clear or cured.

That's the test that we are all working toward!

It's the best news of all if we can get it.

Terry has got to be so incrediable thrilled!

Take care my friend!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie