Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 224

No news is good news so far....my last blood work brought a phone call from Hershey on Tuesday telling me that I was in trouble. This time Tuesday came and went without hearing from them. That has to be a good sign.

I was feeling pretty good yesterday up until I hit the wall at around 7pm and I went to bed.

Work and sleep...that's my life for now.

I keep finding myself dreaming of what life will be like when this is all over. Thinking about all the things that I want to do that I can't do right now. Like washing the wall down that behind the fireplace in our living room or going golfing with the new golf clubs that I got for Christmas last year and never had the energy to use.

I keep thinking and planning on what I'll do after tx and all that thinking seems to be getting me through all of these days. It's the promise of a future that gets me through the present.

I try not to think about the present or how much longer I have until that future is here.

I'm hoping that I don't hear from Hershey until tomorrow. I have it in my mind that the longer it takes to hear from them the better the news.

Have a Wonderful Day everyone!

3 comments:

~sharon said...

I hope the slow news is good news theory holds up Laurie :-) I agree with you... looking to the future helps me make it through the tx. It really does help to know that the meds are not forever. Just want to make it through with UD virus levels so when tx is done our bodies can recoup and we'll be better than ever!!

~sharon

My Other Blog said...

Your blood levels must not be alarming. (Now that I understand they're only open on Monday and Wednesday, I'm sure they don't want to come in on Tuesday to give out good news.)

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, I like your post, the idea is good to just try to think about what we will do when we get to the end of tx. I can't wait, while at times it seems forever, at other times it seems to have gone fast. Weird
I am so happy today is Friday but then I am sad cause it is shot night. Oh well, I will just trudge along, work, sleep, survive and think about Terry being in Alaska. That gives me hope that there is life on the other side of this
I am praying that your numbers came up and everything is ok
Love
Dorene