Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 218

So this weekend my Husband and I are invited to 2 different weddings, both of which have the receptions at the same place in 2 different banquet rooms.

Sounds like fun doesn't it?

It would sound like fun to me but being around a large group of people, much less two large groups, just isn't my cup of tea right now. None of my cloths fit....I've gone from a size 6 to maybe a 4 or smaller. Dancing is certainly not on my card (that is unless you call all of the scratching that I'm doing some kind of new dance move!) and what the hell would I do with my hair. I look like shit and I can't stand seeing that in other people's eye's when they look at me.

By the way, no it's not my imagination! I know what I looked like before (which wasn't the greatest to begin with) and I know what I look like now.

It's not about vanity either, it's about how it makes me feel and it makes feel pitiful. I hate that. It's just not who I am.

I asked my beautiful Husband to please go without me. Thankfully he's very understanding and doesn't give me a hard time, even though I know this must be hard on him too since he has to answer everyones questions about where I am.

In a few months this will be over, I'll be out of my tx prison and life can get back to normal again. I'll make it up to him.

For now I just can't help it. It sucks big time, but life will just have to go on without me for a little while longer.....

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

You were beautiful before you started treatment, you are beautiful now and you'll be beautiful when this is over. But you do need to avoid germy people, so it's a shame you have to miss this - it really sounds like fun - comparing the food, flowers, etc. at both receptions! Oh well, good luck with you shot tonight - you're one step closer to the end.

Laurie said...

Thanks Iris