Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 217

Yesterday was half decent. I'm thinking that my counts have to be going back up.....or at least my fingers are crossed.

This morning is much like yesterday morning. It's nice to wake up and not feel like hitting the floor as soon as my feet touch it coming out of bed.

I can't wait until this is all over! Image how awesome it must feel to know what feeling normal is like again! I'm going to be like a tornado....I've spent the last 6-1/2 months making a to do list of all the things that I want to do once I'm off of tx. Believe me, I'm going to enjoy every second of everyone of them.

For now the level of fatigue has gone down. I can move and even though I'm reminded by my body to go slow, at least I feel like I can move around more.

The itching on the other hand is insane! The Gold Bond helps a little but doesn't last at all. If I where a smart woman I'd invent something to help people on tx and chemo who itch. I'd make millions because I know, as someone who is on tx, I'd spend millions just to find relief!

On another positive note, my mouth seems to be healing. My tongue actually seems to be turning back to a normal color of pink instead of the fire engine red that it has been over the past few months.

I'm not sure it's due to the lowered dosage or if I've helped it by sitting around all the time holding water in my mouth. There's just no telling. Believe me, there's just no way of figuring this stuff out!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Ducky's not far off now!

1 comment:

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, if someone came to me and said we want you to do 72 weeks I think I would run away :)
From what I read on Teah's webstie she didn't know until almost the end that they wanted to increase it to 72 weeks. I can not imagine how that must have felt. Every time I think I am used to the side aeffects, another one pops up, it is odd
I am very glad you are feeling better. I can not wait for the day I feel normal and can get back to my life. I feel it has been put on hold since Feb
Love
Dorene