Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 189

Yesterday started getting better. The day at work was long but it made for a good distraction. I came home ate supper and hit the bed at 8:00. It was up and down all night but at least I was able to fall right back to sleep.

After 10-1/2 hours of half assed sleep, this morning seems brighter. At least my head is clearer and the fatigue isn't pounding in my heart quite as hard as it has been. That's a really good sign because it's only Wednesday and maybe this week I'll be back up to par before Fridays Peg. shot.
There is no ryme or reason to the side effects of this treatment. But I do know that if I feel like shit on Friday and then I take that shot on top of it....my rolloer coaster goes crashing down.

This week is going to be different damn it because I'm sick of feeling this way already!

I also got a good sign at work yesterday. Every year I dread the day that the mail brings those little catalogs filled with Christmas cards. This year it was a wonderful sight to see. I know how fast Christmas comes after we get those catalogs and usually I'm sitting there staring at them in disbelief saying "They can't be advertising this already!" But then the time fly's and before I know it I'm decorating the tree.

This year has brought me a different attitude.

Thank God for those catalogs because I end tx on the second week of January! Let Christmas come! WooHoo! The hell with this Summer already!

I think I may even try to get some shopping done early this year just to make the time go a little faster. What the hell....if it would make the time go even faster I'd put the tree up now! lol

Yes, I'm starting to feel better.
My Ducky is calling my name......







Jimmy's been tooling right along on the building front work.

Isn't it beautiful! It's really going to look cool.

He's only got about a million hours to go yet.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

That's a very nice thought. May Christmas be here before we know it!

I hope your feeling better. I was violently ill at 5:00am today and had to go to work a couple hours later. I had the deeep muscle ache tody and fatigue and am writing this post in bed.

Adrian went to buy me my dinner tonight: cereal (lucky charms) toast and some juice.
Its weird what we can stomach. I don't know what I'm going to eat for the day EVER until it is time to eat......

These sx are weird and unpredictable....

Have a good evening!

Lisa

Its weird what we can stomach

Laurie said...

Anything that you can stomach on tx is good for you! Just try to take the Ribavirin with the fattiest food that you can get down and that'll help some with the nausea. Cereal with whole milk and toast with real butter....anything fatty. The Ribavirin absorbs into the fat and leaves you stomach faster.

Eat half of it, take the pills and then eat the other half.

The old pro's who have been through this tx have taught me that and it really does work.

Other than pill time, just eat anything you can to keep a little something on your stomach.

It is weird what we can stomach right now. They say our brains will crave what our bodies have to have. So what the hell Luky charms sound good to me!

My thoughts are with you....hope you feel better today!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Dorene said...

Good Mornin Laurie, I am with you, there is no rhyme or reason to this tx, it is very hard, I used to look forward to feeling better as the week went along, now I just hope for the best and if I get a nice day it is a present.
Jimmy's work is awsome, please tell him how beautiful it isLove
Dorene
p.s., I know what you mean about hiding the bald spots, that is why I am not getting my hair cut, I never know when I might need a few strands to use as a comb over lol

Dorene said...

Wow, my typing, long with my eyes is just getting really bad
I meant to ask you which Roads End you were cause I tried to look up your website and found two with similar names, I must not have the name right.
Also, while I am not really a head band person I have gotten some to try to hid the bald spots and also just keep all the falling hair out of my eyes, it drives me crazy lol
I hope everyone ha a great day
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Dorene,

I looking at the scarves. I've come to the conclusion that I can't stand the thought of a wig. Even if no one would know....I would. It would just bother me for some reason.

The Roads End sight is way out of date. I've been working on the new sight and should be able to post it real soon. While the old one looks like hell and hasn't been updated for almost a year, it's web address is

Roadsendpub.us

But like I said, the new one that I'm working on is way better. I'll have it up over the next couple of weeks....fatigue allowing.

If you see any cool scarves on the web let me know!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Dorene said...

Dear Laurie I forgot to say, if you have days when you can't blog please don't sorry about it, we all understand how the tx can make you so tired you can't even email
I appreciate the fact that you started this blog and have been do dedicated to it that even on your worst day you asked Jimmy to post for you. I know I could not do what you are doing, I am too weak and tired to keep a blog going.
Thank you
Love
Dorene

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie,no can't sleep again, up since 2AM. if I see any cool scarves I will let you know. I go on EBAY and do a search for hair accessories to see if there is anything that would work for me. Like you I just can not wear a wig so I am trying for headbands and the little strands of hair on barrettes. I hide them under my hair. I clip the top back which makes it look a little thicker with the extra hair tacked in.
I tried a wig and it just was not me and I felt worse with it on. Someone actually told me the other day that my hair didn't look as nice as it once did. DUH like I don't know that. Some people just do not think before they speak. I know they don't mean to hurt feelings, they just need to think.
Again, I want you to know how much I appreciate this blog, it really helps with the roller coaster side affects which are driving me crazy. It helps to know I am not alone, like Terry Lee said, no one can understand this tx unless they have been on it. I would not wish these feelings on anyone I know we are getting close to the finish line but it is still hard, I am glad you brought up the Christmas mailings, that was a very good thought. I hope you have a nice weekend. Rosie did you get your viral load yet? I am praying for you
Thinking of you
Hugs
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Hey Dorene,

Insomnia again...umph. My heart goes out to you.

Have you tried benadrayl? It sort of works for me.

Thanks for keeping the eye out for the scarves. If I find anything cool I'll pass it on also. I'm trying hard to hold off until fall. I don't know if I'll make it that long but I think maybe it won't look so out of place if I start wearing one during the colder months. I don't know....

Thank you again for the compliment on the blog. Outside of Jimmy, this blog and the friends here have kept me going. :) Thank you back!

((Hugs))
Laurie