Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 184

After I took the Ibuprofen yesterday the little drummer boy gave up his beating and strumming on my neck, but the feeling like crap stayed with me all day long. It wasn't the worst that I can feel....just one of those "My ass is dragging all day" type of things.

I just really wanted to find my bed.

I went home and ran a couple signs off on the plotter for the new ladies room that Jimmy's been slaving over getting done for the past week. While I was downstairs applying them my daughter, who works downstairs waitressing, took a spill on the steps.

Now this is the child who would scream bloody murder over a splinter in her finger. So as she sat at the bottom of the steps wailing and all the customers in the bar where jumping up to her rescue, I had to pull out the Mommy tone to get her to stop long enough to find out how much damage there really was. "Crystal...Stop it right now!" and the bar went silent. lol They must have thought that I was the biggest bitch in the world....but if I don't get her past the wailing bit I can never tell how injured she is!

A trip to the hospital turned out that she sprained her ankle. No broken bones. They wrapped the ankle, gave her a script and crutches and sent her on her way.

Looks like it's gonna be another "Roads End General Hospital" again this weekend! 2 of us hanging out on the couches.

Woke up this morning and thought "oh good, no drummer boy!" lol , and then I sneezed....yep...there he is. I took 2 Ibuprofen about half an hour ago and he's letting up already.

My skin is so dry that the skin on the back of my neck is tight. I'm wondering if that's not causing my little drummer friend to start jumping up again. I drink water constantly but it doesn't seem to really help. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I didn't so much water.

It's Friday. I don't think I feel as bad as I did yesterday....it's hard to tell this early in the morning. My fingers are crossed that I feel even better by tonight's Peg shot. That seems to set the pace for how the weekend will treat me.

We'll see.

For now I just keep motoring along...

Have a Great Friday everyone!

2 comments:

~sharon said...

Hi Laurie :-)
I found your blog and it's like reading my life!! I enjoyed meeting you and your dh at the picnic Saturday.
Here it is Friday again and soon time for a shot... YUK
Yesterday was funky and today has been a low energy day... I think it wears you down not being able to get things done, but I feel blessed that there aren't too many demands on me right now... I think less stress helps LOL
I did call for my 24 week results... viral load still undetectable, potassium out of the danger zone, liver enzymes still dropping but not at normal yet and Sandy said the neutrophils etc were ok... no mention of increasing the peg -- yippee!!
Hope you and your daughter enjoy your weekend resting on the couches...

~sharon

Laurie said...

Hey Sharon!

Welcome to my blog! It's always nice to add another trial buddy to our little group! :)
Dorene and Rosie are also on the same trial just in other parts of the Country.
I'm glad to hear that Sandy didn't raise your Peg.! I've dreaded calling her just because of that. I just figure that if she doesn't call my counts must be doing ok. I'll get copies on the next visit.
It was very nice meeting you and your family at the picnic!
Hope you stay in touch.
The friends here have been an awesome support and the ones who have gone through this already have been a wealth of tip and tricks.
I don't know how I would do this without all of them!

Take care my friend.

((Hugs))
Laurie