Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 185

My little drummer boy has been having a grand ole time playing around on my neck for the past couple of days. The Ibuprofen turned his tune down for most of the day yesterday but last night sleeping was a killer. Whats up with that? Did the Peg. shot piss him off?

I took a sleeping pill before going to bed last night and even that didn't help the whole night through. I got up in the middle of the night and waisted a frozen bag of peas and carrots trying to shut him up. It worked long enough to let me fall back to sleep. But still I was up and down all night.

This morning I'm paying for it. Today will definitely be a couch day.

Between the Peg. shot, sleeping pill and the Ibuprofen last night my stomach is now revolting. The little drummer boy's strumming on my neck muscles very quietly....thankfully....but the thought of looking forward to having to eat anything in order to take my Ribavirin is turning my stomach even more.

This day will be about peanut butter toast and the couch.

My Daughter, with her sprained ankle, and I will make a nice couple for the day. I enjoy spending time with her, but spending time with her?....this isn't exactly what I had in mind!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Sounds like you could use a nice relaxing day.

Dorene said...

Hi laurie, yes last night I did actually sleep, the insomnia is the worst as I know that I would feel better with more sleep. It is like drinking more water, that helps as well. This tx confuses me, I thought I would get used to it and that I would get into a rythm with it but there seems to be no ryme or reaon for feeling good/bad from one shot to the next. Normally I can count on Thurs and Fri being "better" but some weeks I never seem to recover. I want to say to everyone that I appreciate all of you, without this blog, learning tips, comparing notes, encouraging each other I don't know that I could have made it this far. no one can understand how this tx is unless they have been on it and even then we are all different so our bodies react differently. My neutrophils are not coming back up and I worry since we he have been off the Pro Drug since May. My doctor says that most people who are halfway there are feeling like I do, not that that give me much comfort lol but at least I know I am not alone. Laurie I tried to look up your web site but found two pus with the same name "Raods End" maybe I have it wrong? Oh I bought the biotin conditioner off EBAY cause I could not find it either. I hope everyone has a nice day, It is the couch for me
I am praying for Teah and her family, Rosie did you get your viral load yet? I am praying for you too
Love
Dorene

Dorene said...

p,s, I know what you ean bout gagging down the riba, I use peanut butter toast as well lol

~sharon said...

I agree, Dorene, the tx is confusing... I thought I had a rhythm and then it changes. Could it be the peg building up and changing our reactions? I've also noticed that stress increases the negative side effects...

Saturday and Sunday had incredible fatigue and today fever sweat, nausea and headache...

I keep trying to tell myself that this tx is finite... it will end...
just need to make it through and keep the virus away...

~sharon