Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 164

Yesterday started getting a little better with the fatigue as it went on. I'm hoping that today is much better yet because I have to take the Peg. shot tonight and one thing that I've learned about Friday's is that if I feel like crap before the shot, I'll be couch ridden all weekend long!

So I hope today gets better.

I had to purchase the Dreamweaver software yesterday to replace the garbage that I bought from Microsoft a year ago to build our website. FrontPage is now in the garbage! Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for ripping us off so freakin' often. If I had half a brain I'd join the hackers who attack Microsoft. I completely understand why it's happening. This is the 4th Microsoft product that I've gotten screwed over on and I can't count the hundreds of hours and dollars that it's cost me personally and my company at work. What's more frustrating is that Microsoft really just does not care!

In the future I would even consider buying a Mac!

The new software should be here next week and it'll take me a few days to figure it out. It might be a nice distraction from tx. Hopefully working with it will help to make the time go by faster. Hopefully the brain fog doesn't make learning it take longer. We'll see if my brain can handle it!

Have a Good Day everyone!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi, I'm from Seattle. I just took my first shot 2 hours ago. I have been reading your blog for a few days. Thanks for keeping it up, it has helped me alot.

So far the only thing I feel is kind of itchy. The more I think about it the more I itch.

I also felt kind of hot after I took my shot. It went off without a hitch. I just injected myself. I got some lessons from some staff members this week for injections. I work in a diabetes department, and injection education is a big part of our program. Luckily, I do work in a clinic so doctors, nurses, all nearby.....

I have my own blog too which youshould be able to find after I post. Best luck on your journey, you have been on a long ride!!!

Lisa
Seattle

Laurie said...

Lisa,

Welcome to my blog!

Do you know what Geno Type you are or how long they'll have do tx for?

I hope your night was easy on you! The first shot is always a flip of a coin. Some people get the full blown "Flu from Hell" and then others just seem to glide right through.

If you got the bottom side of the coin, just try to keep in mind that you body will adjust and shot night will get somewhat better. The side effects become do-able with proper management, rest and a whole lot of water.

Please let us know how your doing!

Our thoughts are with you!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, how are you this morning? Welcome Lisa! While I took my shot last night I am not as bad as I have been and I wonder if the trial drug (I call it Prodrug) took a really long time to get out of my system because I have cirrhosis. I wanted to thank you again for this blog. I find that it is the one thing I look forward to every morning now. It is my virtual support group. I am not getting support from my doctor and at times wish I wasn't on a trial so I could have a normal patient doctor relation ship however I know that I would not have had access to the Prodrug. He has not been very helpful with the side affects at all, my regular doctor has been more helpful and she has been angry that he is not giving me the care I deserve. Like I am a guinea pig and they say I can't get rescue drugs to help me out. They say Roche doesn't allow it.
Sorry I did not come on here to whine but to thank you so much, I don;t know if I would have made it this far without you and all your friends. Terry Lee gives me something to look forward to, hope. Hearing what you and Rosie are going through helps me understand that this is a roller coaster ride and there is no "knowing" how you will feel from day to day. It helps me when others do not understand how I am feeling, to have people here who do understand is worth more than any amount of money. I still fear that at the end of treatment I will not have one or family member speaking to me however I pray that won't happen. Well, thank Laurie and everyone else who has posted, you are my lifeline right now
Love
Dorene
Dorene

Laurie said...

Dorene,

I still don't get why your Doctor say's that Roche won't allow rescue drugs! I'm like 99.9% sure that you and I are in the same trial and I've been on rescue drugs for many many weeks! I that both Procrit and Nuepogen. I don't exactly like taking shots four times a week but they have helped to keep me from having to have another Blood transfusion! Roche authorized me to have them.

I just really think that you should make him double check with Roche.

In the beginning they weren't going to allow them but too many of us had major count drops and Roche changed their tune and began allowing them.

All of you keep my strength going to stay in this little war and the friendships made here will be with me forever.

Take care my friend.

((Hugs))
Laurie