Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 163

Fatigue fatigue fatigue!

That's what yesterday was and today isn't starting out much better.

I took an Ambien last night in hopes that I would sleep better. I think I did. I didn't do the "It has to be later than that!" dance all night long looking at the clock.

But this morning the fatigue is still right there telling me to go even slower than I have been.

Sitting down I feel not too bad. The wave of fatigue really only hit while I'm moving about. Sitting down I just feel alittle drained.

Maybe I'll snap out of this set back sometime today.....if not, maybe tomorrow. I'll go to bed early again tonight and maybe that'll help.

It's funny how you scramble to come up with ways to feel better while on tx. While you feel good you enjoy .....but when you fall back down and you start feeling like shit, you'd do or take just about anything just to have the feeling good back again.

For now all I can think of is getting more sleep.

I have the feeling that the next 6 months is going to be about work and sleep.....

I looking for Ducky....I know he didn't go far.

4 comments:

magda said...

You deserve a lot of rest on this treatment. Don't feel guilty about sleeping all day if needed, your cats will love it : )

Rosie said...

Good Morning Laurie,
I too am getting small bald spots and hate having to pick the hair off everything so I thought what is the positive here. Well when showering you don't need a bath scrubber just use the hair that is falling all over your body to exfoliate. Then there is the bathroom sink after you do makeup all the hair in the sink makes scrubbing much easier and now it only takes a minute or so to blow dry my hair all 3 strands of it. Ok so that was my attempt at a little morning humor in the mist of all this crap we go through. I too have been feeling especially fatigued latley. The prozac seems to help with the rage but really leaves me dopey feeling. I am also dizzy alot. The past 2 weeks I have just worked 3 days a week and even with that all I want to do is sleep. The nausea seems to have increased too and nothing taste good anymore. I am at day 148 now but it feels like forever doesn't it. I wonder if the second half of this is worse or better than the first half. Maybe I shouldn't really know LOL. This is so hard but we are doing it! Have a great day Rosie

Laurie said...

Magda,

You're right my cat's would absolutely love that!

Thank you :)

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Rosie,

LOL! Your "morning Humor" is awesome!! :) Sounds like Hints from Heloise for balding women!

I get the dizzy thing when the fatigue is at it's worst. Just have to remember to stop and put my head down. When getting dizzy starts I know that it's really time to head for the couch because it's a bad day.

It usually happens after I've gone a day or two with nausea. I know then that I haven't eaten enough and nausea or not I have to force feed myself.

Take it easy, make sure your eating and drink more water than you think is humanly possible!

The second half is going to be a breeze for us just because we where stuck with the trial drug on the first half.

Or at least I'm trying to convince myself of that! lol

Either way....hold onto your hat's, we're fixin' to find out!

Take care of yourself and have a good day!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie