Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 162

Yesterday was filled with a whole lot of fatigue.

After dragging through work I stopped at Burger King for supper and found out that I still get "Riba rage". Took 15 minutes in the drive thru because their coke machine was screwed up and they refused to just give me the money back for a large coke and let me be on my way. Oh no! they had to make me sit and wait while they fixed the damned machine! Bad choice for them because what they found when they finally brought me my food was a total bitch.

Then when I got home the food was cold because I think they just left my food in the bag while they toyed around with the coke. Pissed me off all over again! lol....I won't be going back to Burger King!

I ate my cold dinner only because I had to take the Ribavirin and then I crashed on the couch.

The night to come was filled with insomnia up and down all night.

I took my late Nuepogen shot and at 9pm I got up to get ready for bed and while doing so I found that I now have bald spots popping up on my head. The one is a little bigger than the size of a quarter right in the middle of the back of my head!

I know I've lost at least half of my hair......but now bald spots!!! S.O.B.!!! I was hoping that my hair was just thinning out.....but no....I freakin' really going bald!

That's just not funny!

It's things like these that make you loose sight of why we're taking these drugs.

It's just such a long treatment that it's hard to keep it in perspective.

Through the itching, fatigue, "riba rage", lost weekends being sick on the couch, rashes, mouth sores, 4 injections a week, bone pain, joint aches, Brain fog, the "what the hell is that" eye problems and now going bald.....through all of this stuff it's hard to remember I'm at war with a dragon called Hep C and I'm winning. It's hard to stay focused. It's just hard.

People say to me "Oh but you look so good". Really? What else are they supposed to say? Wow you've lost 20 pounds and you look like an Ethiopian?

Now I'll start looking like a bald Ethiopian. But they'll still say I look good and I'll still say thank you. They'll still ask how I'm feeling and I'll still say I'm hanging in there. I mean really....what the hell is anyone supposed to say?

Yep....this morning is a head trip. The Ribavirin and bald spots have messed up my head...

It's time to go get ready for work and then take more of them...yeahaw.

I guess I shouldn't have gone back off the Zoloft huh?

And the day goes on.......

8 comments:

Terry Lee said...

At least you've kept your wonderful sense of humor. Bald spots, this is one too many sides. I know about the riba rage, I could drive by a gun store for fear I'd buy one. You're very brave and very strong and it does end, it just takes way too long...hugs

Mantramine said...

I can't believe I didn't find your blog, and all the other hep c blogs sooner. My husband ended his treatment 30 days ago now. I could cry buckets and rivers with someone over this 'riba rage' you speak of. Thanks to treatment I have a new TV and computer... 'riba rage' got the old ones.

I wish I could have read you when everything was so bad, and now reading back I feel bad for my husband that I mostly thought he was a bit o' an ass....

sigh...

My husband only had to do the six month treatment. I know how hard it is and I can only thank the stars he didn't have to do a year. He was about ready to take the dog for a walk naked.

Thanks for blogging your experience, and I bow to the inner strength you all show to get through this.

My Other Blog said...

Be sure to apply sun screen to your bald spots! ;<{
It's only hair - it will grow back. In 2 more days (if I'm doing the multiplication right) you'll be 1/2 way done - and you do sound so much better now that you're not on the study drug and it's out of your system.
Take care of yourself & your family and let them take care of you, too!

Dorene said...

Me again, it is almost funny how we are in the same place at the same time, yes I appreciate people telling me I look good but after losing 30 lbs I don't feel like I look good, I feel like pig pen on Charlie brown with all this hair falling out and I am so irritable I could just scream, I am on Prozac and still feel this way. Sorry the Zoloft did not work out for you.
When things get really bad I take ahlf a xanax and that helps some. I know logically we are doing good but in my heart I just want to have a tantrum like a little kid.
Well, I hope tomorrow is better,
Love
D

Laurie said...

Terry,
sense of humor....yes I still hold onto it but I'm affraid it's turned a little evil every now and then! lol
Tx makes you stronger doesn't it! No choice....
They say "what doesn't kill you will help you" Boy this treatment really walks a fine line within that saying....doesn't it!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

mantramine,

Welcome to my blog! :)

Riba-rage is nasty! It's effects us all.

He was probably a bit of an ass...lol....it's just that it was drug induced.

Wonderful thing is that you survived it and your marriage did too!

Congratulations!!!!! You are just as much of a dragon slayer as he is!

By the way.....did he clear the virus?

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Iris

Yes it'll grow back....still sucks to see it go.

I do feel better than when I was on the study drug....that was such nasty stuff! No more worry about needing Blood transfussion now! Thank God!

I'll buy a scarf or 2 for when I'm in the sun.

Thanks! :)

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene

Yes I've felt like sitting on the floor quite a few times! But Jimmy usually finds a way to rescue me.

I love Xanax but on tx I'm affraid that if I start taking them again I would eat them like candy! So I try not to go there. lol

Hopefully we get another break of feeling good again soon.

:)

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie