Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 159

I really didn't do anything all day yesterday. My only accomplishment was that I plotted, cut and weeded the vinyl for a new banner on the Roads. Actually I only weeded....the computer and plotter did the rest of the work. I didn't even get it transferred onto a banner yet and of course my bathroom is still a disaster!
I spent most of the day lounging around. The body aches got to me at around noon and wouldn't let up all day.

This morning was tuff waking up and getting my mind cleared. Brain fog has me captured this morning, but as it clears I think today might turn out better than yesterday.

Sundays are always up in the air. I never know if I'll be upright or attached to the couch for the day. Either way there's never any energy to do anything big....so I just putt around the house here and there.

I'll start the bathroom this morning and hopefully I'll have it clean by tonight.

Jimmy has a golf tournament to go to today and it looks like it'll be a beautiful out for it.

He's been working on the mosaic building front all weekend long.

He's got a long way to go but he's about halfway through a 24'x8' section. The total building front is about 35'x30'. Now that's a lot of glass!

He's putting the glass on sheets of mesh and he'll apply the sheets to the building front like a puzzle and the grout it in as he goes.

It'll probably take him through the winter to get the sheets all ready to apply next spring.

Lot's of work! I have to get the rest of the building plotted out on paper before he catches up to me! He works like a mad man! lol!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! I'll spend the morning looking around for Ducky....I'm sure he'll be around soon!

5 comments:

My Other Blog said...

How do you weed vynyl (or however you spell it)?

Laurie said...

Vinyl comes in rolls 24 inches wide. The plotter cuts text and graphics into the vinyl. Pulling off the excess vinyl around the graphics and text is called weeding.
You have to weed the vinyl before applying transfer tape to the graphics and text in order to stick them onto a banner or any other flat surface.

It's like making really big stickers!

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, thank you for you comforting words, you really help me keep going. I am trying very hard to hang in, it is hard and I have been told this is when alot of people give up. Not going to do that myself as I have been through too much to give up now. I was put on a new AD and it make me worse, it had epinephrine in it and made me very anxious and irritable so I am going back to the Prozac, at least it didn't make me feel bad, just contributed to the itching. Also I read that cymbalta is not good for the liver so am not sure why I was put on that one. I hope to feel better as the cymbalta leaves my system. I have been acting crazy, tearful irritable etc
I hope your day is going well
Love
Dorene

Dorene said...

Oh I forgot to mention that colors for your glass work is just beautiful I can't wait to see it finished!
Once I am finished with treatment I would love to come see you, the way you describe your place the garden sounds like a very nice place to be.
I guess it I am rude rude inviting my self, I was thinking that my husband and I could come for the day, once this is all over. What are your hours of operation? I would like to have something to look forward to :)
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Dorene,

The Ribabvirin can make me a little nuts at times....I seem to go through short periods of nuttiness (crying and anger).
Terry had it very ruff. I think he was on Prozac also and it really helped him make it through.
Sometimes it takes a little while for you body to get used to it...give it some time. I hope it starts to help real soon as I know the mental stuff is some of the hardest.
Thank you for the compliment on the glass colors. It will be bright! :)
We would love for you two to come!! I love having the chance to meet you guy's! :)
The Roads End is opened Tuesday thru Saturday....3pm to 2am. But you don't have to come just during those hours! Anytime is good!
Take care my friend!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie