Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 142

Pulling out of this funk is getting harder the further into tx that I get. But I think I'm slowly coming back out of it.

Yesterday was somewhat better. The fatigue dragged me down, but my body wasn't as sick as it has been. I really think that the extra sleep helps. I do hate going to bed early as I feel like my life may become nothing more than work and sleep. I guess that's just my sentence for now....6 months to go.

I didn't mean to, but I got Jimmy very worried the other night. I was just so tired of being sick and all I could was sit there and cry. It's hard when you're almost half way and you've had such a hard time of it so far. Looking forward, you have just as far to go as you've come.

It's like standing in the middle of a very long curved tunnel and you can't see the light at either end.

That's just the way it feels when I'm real sick for days on end.

So the other night after I went to bed, Jimmy got a hold of Terry Lee. He just didn't know what to do with me. He wanted to get me help from someone who had been there. He picked the perfect one to call. If anyone has been through it all, it's Terry.

Terry called last night. It was so good to hear from him. Just listening to him recount what he went through reminds me that I could have it worse. My God he went through hell!

He also truly understands. Talking to someone who has been on these drugs is such a support.

You just can't tell someone who hasn't been on these drugs how you feel. They just can't fully understand what this stuff does to you.

Jimmy did the best thing possible, he called Terry and like a wonderful friend, Terry came to my rescue.

Thank you Terry! I needed that!

And thank you my love for calling him. You are a beautiful Husband!

This morning after Terry's phone call and a good nights sleep, I'm pulling my boot straps back up again and I'm marching forward.

I'm going continue to take the Zoloft...it'll take a few days to start to work but hopefully it'll help keep me out of that funk.

We started this, we may be in the "no man's zone" right now, but we will finish it!

All I need now is to find my good friend Ducky......

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

If you can work and all you want to do after that is sleep - then let yourself sleep! This is a wierd 11 month interlude in your life, you have to ride it like a surfer riding a wave, and taking the Zoloft can help, this stuff does strange things to your head.
When are you going back to Hershey? On the 28th? Maybe I can meet you two there. Let me know.

Laurie said...

Iris,

I just wish the surfing was on the Jersey Shore and not Malibu! The waves are awefully big here! lol

We'll be in Hershey on the 28th also. Maybe we could lunch or something!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie