Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 141

I think I'm coming back out of the funk again....but it's slow going.

I slept 10 hours last night and I think I could really sleep another 2 or more.

I got the my counts back from Hershey yesterday and they seem ok. I had a different Doctor who looked at my lumps and he agrees with my Doctor that I either had a bacterial infection or I have one and am still getting over it. Time will tell.

To top that off, there's also the chance that I may have been on the arm of the trial that gave me Full trial drug but only half the Pegasys. Now going out of the full trial drug and into full peg., my body will have to adjust again.

Still I'm only at 75 units of Peg and full strength of the ribavirin. I think if they decide to bump my Peg back up to 100 units I might argue. I only weigh 119 pounds now....so how many drugs could I possibly take?

I started back on the Zoloft last night. I'm trying just a half pill to see if that will help. I'll try it again for a couple of weeks and hopefully it pulls me out of the funk I'm in and doesn't hit me with more sides.

At least my Lymphocytes are good. Nurse Sandy said that Roche has been giving a drug to help those with low Lymphocytes. The last thing that I wanted was to have to take yet another drug!

I'm happy that the Nuepogen and Procrit are doing their job....but 4 injections a week are enough for me!!!!

I think I'm starting to feel better today, my fingers are crossed.

3 comments:

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, you are really skinny! I hope they give you some time to build yourself back up, get used to the peg dose you are on now before they increase. I know I am on the .75 feeling awful and hoping they do not increase it for awhile, at least until my problems at work blow over. I need my work to see that I will come in as much as possible. Even when I feel horrible I am coming in. So, I guess I am learning that I can be stronger than I thought possible, I thought I was already doing a good job, I guess not good enough for them. I understand 48 weeks is a long time, I thought they did too when they signed off on my leave slips. Oh well, I will do the best I can. God thing is that we get a 3 days weekend so just have to get through today, bad thing is it is almost time for a shot. I have learned somuch from you, thank you so much for being there. I try to log in every day to see how you are doing and also to vent myself ha ha, hope you dont mind. I hope that next week will be better
Have a great day
Love
Dorene
Hey today the verification letters letters I have to type in are biiych, kinda describes me lately:)

Laurie said...

Dorene,
At 5'7" ...yep I'm skinny! I Hate it!
I hope they start to see that you're doing the best that you can at work! Almost makes me want to go give them one jab of interferon just to make them see what it feels like. They'd leave you alone then! lol
A 3 day weekend! Yes we need it! Thank God!
I'm glad that you come here. It's good for all of us not to go through this alone. Support is wonderful medicine!

Thank Care my Friend!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Dorene said...

Good Morning, your answer to this is so nice I started crying. (I wrote a response and lost it when I hit the submit button) I know how you are feeling and you are right no one can understand how it feels unless they have been through it. I know when my friend went through treatment 11 years ago I didn't know what she meant when she said that while getting ready for work she had to keep taking breaks, now I know :).
I am so glad I found your blog all those months ago, it seems like a short time but it has been about 5 months now and you really help me continue through this hell. What a gem Jimmy was to call Terry Lee, that is support, it was wonderful of Terry Lee to call you. I really admire you for being able to do thing with your family. All I do is work and the come home to go to bed. I fear everyone will hate me by the end of this treatment as I am no fun to be around right now. Like you I have had my days where my husband did not know what to do for me.
Thank you again for your support
Lots of hugs and love your way
D