Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 136

Boy I am late posting today!

I worked a full 8 hours today, so I got up early and had a ruff time getting motivated. I took the usual coffee and Tylenol but I guess I'm just not used to 6:30 am after so many mornings in a row of 8am. I didn't have the brain power to post.

The day went pretty fast as I was backed up from being part time over the past 2 weeks. Tylenol killed the aches and stopped the drummer boy little stummings on my neck.

The lumps on my neck have decided to share themselves by spreading over to the other side of my neck. At least if they get bigger both sides will be equal looking!

The antibiotic has changed anything.

anyway....

Now I'm headed back to full time starting Tuesday. I guess I better get used to getting up again....and working full shifts.

Tonight was Peg. shot night. Yea Haw...what fun.

I seem to be running out of spots to take my injections. After 4 nights a week of needles....one tends to run out of places to stick them.

I have 1/2 dollar sized red spots all over my stomach. They suggested that I use my thigh....screw that! I stuck my thigh one time and I found out very quickly that I don't own any fat there! I also found out that it's actually more sensitive. So my stomach it is.

Hey, if all the spots would all connect I'd actually look like I have a sun burn and nobody would even notice!

Anyway, I'm off to hang in the hot tub to relax before bed. It seems to help with insomnia and body aches.

You know, I used to tell everyone "Happy Friday!" but Fridays now have a new meaning and I can't seem to put the words Happy and Friday together in a greeting anymore.

So instead I say, "Have a nice weekend!"

so....

Have a Nice Weekend Everyone!

1 comment:

Dorene said...

Hi there! I know what you mean about Friday, that is my shot day so that I can work more, yippee. I understand about trying to inject in the thigh, I did it one time and it was awful it bruised so bad. The doctor said I needed to grab more skin but like you I don't have much left to grab. I have lost alot of weight, isn't it funny normally I would be happy about the weight loss. Oh well, like you I do it in the stomach. The doc did say to make sure I don't cause scar tissue because then the medicine doesn't absorb as well. I am still "trying" to look toward the "prize" but sometimes it is very difficult. If my work was more understanding it would be easier but worrying about losing my job on top of this tx is really causing me to be ill.
I hope your lumps go away soon, does the doc know? I hope you are feeling ok I am thinking about you "couch buddy" I have to admit that the shot is not as bad as it was at first. I just wish the doc hadn't told me I would get to this point in 4 to 8 weeks, that is what I told work and I believe that is why they are being nasty. On the positive my son just came home for the first time in months so I am very happy. I try every day to think of something positive to keep me going. I have a friend with liver cancer, thyroid cancer and she and I try every day to tell each other something positive. It is supposed to help. Since losing my cat and hearing about yours I have really been wanting another cat. Can you share pictures of yours? Sorry I am rambling all over the place, the morning after shot night I am a wreck :)
Thank you
Love
Dorene