Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 135

So yesterday got somewhat better physically but not so much mentally.

Every Wednesday night is Poker Night at the Roads End and I used to run it, but since I started tx Jimmy pretty much had to take it over.

Last night I thought it would do me good to sit in and play for once. I thought that getting around people might do me some good.

Boy was I wrong!

Sometimes it amazes me just how much grown adults can act like children. 35 players and there must have been 10 who really needed to grow up! lol

One woman crying about who's table she had to sit at. A guy who seemed to think the timer was a toy, making it go beep beep beep. Somebody else bitching about a player who can't seem to deal the cards in the right direction. Then there's the asshole who just stands there saying "Laurie, Laurie, Laurie". All of them going at the same time as we're trying to get people seated at their tables. It's like kindergarten for Pete sake!

Don't these people understand that I'm on drugs that make me nuts! lol

I don't think the guy with the timer enjoyed me turning around and telling him that I'll smash the damned thing if it beeps one more time! (I was still keeping control....you don't want to know what I really wanted to say)

So I played for about half an hour and went "all in"" just to get out of there and back up to my peaceful apartment where kindergarten was not in session.

I think that maybe I'll try the A.D.'s again soon. Maybe it'll be better now that the study drug is gone.

This morning started out slow and aching. The lumps in my neck seem to cause more trouble in the morning for some reason.

I down some coffee and took some Tylenol and life is starting to feel somewhat better.

Thank God for coffee and Tylenol! Breakfast of champions!

Maybe Ducky will visit me today!


I hope......

4 comments:

Terry Lee said...

Most of my tx is now a blur but I remember that I couldn't drive by a gun store and that I really had to make an effort to interact with people. I told everyone that I took no responsibility for any of my behavior while on tx.

I think that you need to remember that on top of tx, you also own a bar and that most people don't need to grow up, they need to learn to drink. Tx does end but it takes a long time and you're in no mans land which is not a ggod place to be. One day at a time is all you can do. Tx is totally fucked up any way you slice it.

My Other Blog said...

Laurie - it's Friday - late (7:15 PM) Friday - what happened?

Laurie said...

lol.....lets see.....gun store...ummmm, I think I can still walk past one. lol

You had it really ruff Terry! I remember alot of the stories.

Me....I'm the kind of tx'er who is fine one minute and screwed up the next but still keeping that "stupid" smile on my face.

hum, hope I don't look phsycodic!

Oh and the problem with the poker players isn't that they're drunk, they act that way sober. Hell some of them I can actually stand better when they're drunk because at least then they have an excuse!

Tx is totally fucked up no matter how you look at it!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

I know Iris, I Am SOOOO Late Tonight!

Love you too!

((Hugs))
Laurie