Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 127

Boy I'm posting this one late today.

Woke up this morning and y neck is more swollen that before starting the Keflex. But I guess that maybe thats just pare for the course. Everything always seems to get worst before getting better. So in a way it's a good sign maybe?

Jimmy and I took a ride to the farmers market and bought some really nice looking fruit this morning. We stopped on the way home for lunch before I had to leave for work. It was a perfect way to start the day.

I wish I could work part time like this for about a month but it's only for a couple of weeks. It's nice getting up and taking my time in the morning....especially when the morning is slow starting like this morning with all the aching.

Tonight is getting kind of ruff. I took some tylenol and after my Procrit shot tonight I think I'll head straight to bed.

Hope everyone had a nice day!
:)
This is hard to see since it's pretty much a picture of a picture of one of my paintings! lol....I don't have a scanner!
This was a Christmas present for Jimmy's Dad. It's a painting of his log cabin with a picture of Jimmy's Mother in the clouds above the cabin.
His Mom passed away about 4 years ago. I didn't get to meet her but I understand that she was an incredible loving woman.
I see who she was everyday in Jimmy.
I wish I could have met her. It was an honor to do this painting with her in it.

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh my God Laurie that is such a great painting...and I do see her it the clouds on the right I believe. You and Jimmy should do art for a living you both have amazing talent. I dappled with painting for about three years just self taught but I was getting good until I just stopped making the time for it. I hope to go back to it at some point. Once again I am impressed!!!!
I hope tomorrow finds you feeling well!
Hugs Roaie

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie,
This is another try for me to get thru to you. I am so computer illiterate!
I just love the pic you displayed yesterday. You do your father-in-law such an honor in remembrance of Joyce.
I so wish I could help you thru this bad time you are experiencing. If only I could get this thing to work!
Margy (Here goes!)

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, wow! The painting is beautiful! I can see that you and Jimmy have alot in common, both such gifted artists!
Thank you for sharing, I can see his Mom in the clouds, what a great idea!
I love near Springfield VA I will have to look up how far it is to your place, maybe it isn't too far and we could get together when you are feeling better. Yes, I think antibiotics work like that, it takes about 3 to 5 days for them to start working so it is a good thing that you got started on them and Hershey didn't wait any longer. I would have thought they would have wanted you to come in earlier but what do I know? I am not a doctor.
Knowing how low your count has gotten I would have wanted to see you right away. So glad you and Jimmy are enjoying time together in the morning. I wish I could work part time, you have done really well to work full time all this time, I have not been able to and now that I am I guess they expect me to be fine for the next 7 months or so. I am afraid but trying really hard not to let it get to me. Maybe I just need to prove them wrong that I am not taking advantage of the situation.
Well, just got home from work and wanted to say hi and see how you were, e you tomorrow :)
Love
Dorene

Dorene said...

Margy I just wanted to say I know what you mean, the first couple of times I wrote to Laurie I had to do it under anonymous and if they make this verification any harder to read I will become anonymous again lol
Maybe for me it is the medication bother my eyes so much everything is a blur, there are days I think of retiring on disability due to all the work I have missed
Hello Rosie, glad to read your posts, hope you are feeling a little better.
Good Luck
Dorene

Laurie said...

Rosie,

Thank you :)

You should get back into it! It's very therapudic.(spelled wrong!...sorry lol)

I can't seem to paint anything while on tx though. Yet another side effect to tx is a sort of painters block.

Take care my friend!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Margy,
You're doing perfect! :)

I glad that he'd likes it. I really loved painting it.

Your computer skills are perfect!

You guys are awesome!

Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene,

Thank you :)

Springfield, I'll have to look it up. Maybe we could even find a point halfway in between! I always love little mini excapes!

My part-time is only through June 30th. Then I'm back to full time again. It was nice while it lasts. :)

I'm lucky though, I work in a very helpful and supportive office. I don't know that I would be able to go through tx and work in a stressful unsupportive office at the same time.

My heart goes out to you.

No matter what your health does have to come first. Just take care of yourself.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie