Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 115

Well that feeling of "I think I'm catching a cold", I think is turning into "Oh yeah, I forgot, this is what tx feels like".

I was feeling so good there for a lot of days, I really didn't think that I'd start having that flu like feeling again.

The drugs are building back up in my system and I guess I'm starting to feel the effects. So I'm back to 220 more days of the flu.

It was a nice 4 or 5 day vacation.

Along with all of the normal body aches and washed out feeling, I have 2 nice sized lumps on my neck that we'll assume are swollen glands.

At least I got my house cleaned. My carpets and dinning room chairs are pretty again. My garden and potted deck veggies are planted and deck is washed down.

I suppose my body has said "now your done working so it's back to feeling like shit for you!"

I suppose I have to look at it like this.....with the trial drug done early I lost my 24 week goal. There is nothing to set short term goals on now. Nothing to help me take the baby steps and look toward something closer then the 220 day stretch in front of me.

So the little vacation that I just had of feeling good just gave me a taste of how much better I'll feel when this is all over. I doubt that the memory will last the entire 220 days if I wind up feeling like shit for the long haul. But it will at least hold me over for a little while.

I do know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel....it's just hard sometimes to remember that the light is not a freight train.

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Oh, the dreaded flu-like symptoms...
The lumps/swollen glands can't possibly be good - it could be a bacterial infection - please tell your nurse about it, or go to your doctor.

Terry Lee said...

It gets pretty dark for awhile becus you've gone so farm and you have so far to go. one day at a time will get you accross the finish line. It can be so hard sometimes...Say hi to Jimmy

Rosie said...

Hi Laurie,
Set your own little goal. Say at Day 250 you go do something special or just fun. I am the type that does that on a reg. basis I even have a "birthday week" instead of a birth"day" LOL. I went in today to recheck my eyes for this program. I also did my blood again and am going back to a full shot tonight. Not really all that excited there. I have had a few good days this week too and I have a houseful coming on Sun. My brother in law is coming up from Puerto Vallarata and his daughter is coming from Vegas and add to that my 3 kids and their spouses and 6 grandkids. Gee I hope it is the same doses I was taking LOL. Hang in there is all we can really do and it sounds like you really enjoyed the days you had this week.
Take Care and Be Happy!

PS I agree you need to check on those glands.

Laurie said...

I'll call today about the lumps.

I kind of thought they'd be gone bu today....