Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 98

It's been 11 days since I stopped the trial drug and I can tell a difference.

Usually after a Peg. shot I'm wiped out completely for 3 days. On the 3rd day I slowly start coming back. By the forth day I'm feeling better but then I take the Nuepogen and feel like crap on the 5th day. The 6th day I start feeling better again but then I take the Peg. again start it all over. There was nausea every day...even on the good days.
Now, 11 days off of the trial drug, I have no nausea. Some heartburn but nothing that Pepsid can't handle.

Yesterday was day 2 after the shot and while there were periods that I had to take it easy and lay down, I was still able to plant half of my garden, do the dishes and get some laundry done. I didn't do anything heavy duty and I went slow so that I wouldn't over do it. But I'll tell ya I felt so much better than I have in the past 13 weeks.

I know that some of that may be because I only did a half dosage of Pegasys. But with my blood counts still low and my just coming off of the trial drug, I'm hoping that I handle full reg. tx just as well when I'm back up to normal dosages, minus the trial drug.
This morning I forced myself to sleep in. I woke up at the normal 6 am but made myself go back to sleep. lol....I didn't wake up again until 9:45! I never sleep this late, but it felt good.

I feel good. No aches or pains. No washed out feeling. No major brain fog. A little weak....enough to tell me to move slow (probably just from my blood levels being low yet).


All and all.....ducky is home!

No comments: