Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 88

Well I knew from the way that I feel that my blood levels where dropping....and they are.

My ANC is back down to 0.6 and my Platelets are at 42. We're still waiting for the blood work to come back from Roche. We only have the blood work that was done at Hershey so far and it's not as in depth as Roches but it does tell us that I need to reduce the study drug.

I hope that we can get my levels to stop dropping before I need another blood transfusion.

The way that I feel this morning....it's not going to get any better anytime fast. The fatigue is horrible and my whole body is starting to hurt more and more. The evil little drummer boy has taken up strumming on my neck again.

This is like a replay of what happened a couple of months ago. Damn it, I wish we could have seen it coming. My blood levels where doing fine and then all of a sudden everything is going to hell again.

Now I have to fight to eat. I have to try to get food into my body so that I can get my body to raise my levels. Problem is that I seem to loose the fight way too often. It seems that the lower my levels drop the more I vomit. (gross I know) But I still try.

It also seems as though my mood is dropping right along with my blood levels. I feel like I could sit in the middle of the floor and cry. This is so very hard right now.

At least I now know why I wound up with the dollar bill sized bruise on my stomach from the Inerferon shot....My platelets have dropped. My blood is not clotting as well as it should. The bruise doesn't hurt, it just looks like hell. That's ok because I'm not planning to wear a bikini anytime soon...especially since I now look like an Ethiopian! lol

OK....enough whining for the day. I guess I'll spend the rest of the day waiting to hear from Hershey about Roches test and also there's the little fight that I have to go through with my Ins. company over the ant-nausea drug that Doc prescribed 90 pills for but the Ins. company only allowed 15 pills.

Amazing that my Ins. Company can dictate a prescription for me and over rule my Doctor! This will be a battle that will be good for me because I really need a distraction right now and a place to vent. God help whoever answers the phone at the Ins. Company!

I hope that this day gets better.......

Ducky has been spotted in MD. and Iris has been trying to send her my way.....

4 comments:

Starbux said...

You are having such a tough time on tx - remember to rest as much as possible. Jimmy will look after you - he is one in a million.

love star

Terry Lee said...

Hi Laurie and Jimmy, I went to my GI today for my 1 month post tx exam and I discussed your situation with her. She mentioned a couple of items. She thought you were still OK at 42 for the platlets and she transfuses at 20. Interestingly enough, she mentioned that the transfusions are only and aid to the platlets for 48 hours and then you're on your own which would explain why yours are low again. Hang in there.

Laurie said...

Star,

Yes Jimmy is one in a million and he makes me rest! lol

Thank you :)

Laurie said...

Terry,

They didn't tranfuse last time until my platlets dropped to 14. I'm hoping that they don't go that low this time. Maybe we caught it early enough. Time will tell.

I supose they use the transfusion to jump start the Nuepogen. I felt so much better after the transfusion last time and my levels seemed to have been holding their own up until a week ago.

Maybe this time they'll keep me on a reduced tx.

Im a hangin' in there :)

((Hugs))
Laurie