Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 87

Yesterday dragged. I hate working on slow days when I don't feel good...it just makes it that much longer. Although if it would have been too busy I probably wouldn't have been able to concentrate.

I felt like crap all day and then came home, ate and went to bed. It is getting to me. I just can't have a life anymore.

I hold onto the hope that I'll be so much better once I get rid of these trial drugs in 12 more weeks.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Hershey on my blood work. I should hear today....but if they don't call I'll call them. I have to take the Procrit shot tonight and I want to know if I'm keeping it at the same dosage.

This morning is a slow wake up morning. You would think I would feel better after 10 hours of sleep each night for the past how many nights, but still I wake up feeling like I could sleep another 3 or 4. There just is no energy.

I hate sounding down and I hate feeling sick. It's just not getting any better this week. It's frustrating.

Ducky Get your Ass Home!!!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Hey Laurie,
I am so sorry that you have been feeling so bad for awhile now. I remember when I first started this treatment them telling me that there would be people on placebo's, then there would be people who would have one strength of the drug and a third group with yet another dose but nobody would know which they were getting. I really wonder if you are maybe on the highest dose or if it is just the way your body is reacting. I have all the same symptoms as you but to a much less degree. I am much heavier than you weighing around 175 and maybe that plays a part in it too but girl you have been through hell and I really feel for you. I sure hope they can find a way for you to be able to cope with all this. You need to give yourself a big CONGRADULATIONS!! for sticking in there there. I know it is not easy so that must really show how strong of a woman you are. I found this really cool duck picture the other day I wish I knew how to add it to this as I think you duck may be hanging out with the wrong crowd and is having a hard time finding his way back home. Take Care and be nice to yourself and only do what you think you can do each day. If you get stuck home laying on the couch well just enjoy the down time. Rosie

Laurie said...

Hi Rose!

Yeah we've been trying to figure that out ourselves. My Doctor and Study Nurse are thinking the same thing. Maybe I got the whole shabang. The most that we'll be told before this is over, is if I'm in the group C that has full strength and ends all treatment at 24 weeks. Other than that group we won't know until the end of the 48 weeks.
I'm sure that my weight has played a roll in all of this. Now with what I've lost it's playing even more of a roll.
I'm glad that your doing well. I'd hate to think that we're all doing this badly!
Ducky will have to come home sooner or later! lol

Take care.

((Hugs))
Laurie