Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 86

I'm very interested in knowing what my blood work shows from yesterday. I probably won't hear anything until later today or tomorrow. I'm willing to bet that something is off because I just can't seem to snap out of this funk.

I came home from Hershey yesterday and I missed my son's track meet. I just couldn't get the energy to go far from the couch. My beautiful Husband went in my absence. He's sweet and I know it meant so much to my son to see him there.

Hershey changed my anti-nausea med over to Zofran. It shouldn't make me drowsy. Problem is that the script is for taking 3 a day and the ins. company is only approving 15 pills per month for right now until the pharmacy has the Doctor get approval for a full 90 pills per month. There always has to be red tape! You would think that the 19 pounds that I've lost in the past 2 months would be reason enough for the script.....but oh no the Ins. company is an ass!

We're also splitting my shots up. I'll take the Procrit on Wed. nights. Half of the Nuepogen on Thurs. nights and the other half on Mon. nights. That's a shot on Wed., Thurs. Friday and Monday.....We hope that by spreading the drugs out the sides won't hit my body so hard. I hope it works. One thing that it should show me is which one causes me the most trouble.

We're also waiting for the blood work. They may lower my trial drug if the blood work comes back out of whack. At this point I'm hoping they do because it just seems like it's all too much. I feel like I keep falling.

Some how I have to start figuring out a way to gain some weight back. I started this little venture out at 139 pounds. Before I knew it I dropped to 135. Yesterday I weighed in at 121. I've gone from a size 7 to a 4 and now I feel more like a stick person than a woman. It sucks. I hope that the Zofran works and I hope that they get the script straightened out on it. I want to eat! I want to feel like I can eat! This sucks feeling nauseous all the time and it can't be helping my energy level at all!

Well anyway, I woke up this morning feeling a bit drained but I'm hopeful that the day will get better. I'm always hopeful.

Terry if you see Ducky out your way...could you send him home for a visit? ;)

3 comments:

Terry Lee said...

I spoke to my duck and he has been in contact with your duck and your duck is homesick and headed your way.

My Other Blog said...

Pain in the ass that Roche/Hershey won't pay for the anti-nausea meds. If you could lose the nausea permanently, you'll feel like eating and stop losing weight.
I drove by your duck today - he's hanging out at a nice pond I pass every day on my way to work. So, he's getting closer to home.

Laurie said...

Somebody give him a good swift kick in the ass and tell him to get a move on already! lol