Saturday, March 15, 2008

They sent me to my local hospital yesterday to get an updated blood count.

The Nupregen has done it's job well. My WBC has gone up to 6.1. :)

The Procrit has'nt kicked in. My Haemoglobin was at 7.8 on Monday and yesterday it's at 6.6. How can it be still falling?

Nurse Sandy is now talking blood transfusion for Monday if it doesn't start turning around.

At least I know why I feel so incrediably week and washed out.

My kids where supposed to be here this weekend and Athena was going to come to clean the house. But because of my levels Hershey and Jimmy have quarantined me. Now that my WBC is back up, I would like to change that but I just don't have the energy anyway.

Thankfully the Drummer boy has not come back. But I am finding it very hard to think straight. Simple things are exscaping me. Typing is very difficult.

Last night trying to fall asleep, the strangest thing kept happening. Have you ever gone to see a band and stood next to an amp when someone is working on it and it makes a loud pop? Well there was no band in my bedroom lastnight and as I was falling asleep I kept hearing that pop.

I'd start drifting off and "POP"! It shook me awake again. 4 or 5 times that loud electrical pop jolted me. I finally got up and grabbed some water. I sat up for a while trying to figure out if it was something bad and then went back to bed to see if it continued. It stopped and I slept through the night. Weird huh?

So far this morning I am drained.....at least I don't feel like I did a few days ago. My Haemoglobin may still be dropping, but at least the danger of infection isn't so dire.

Something is better.

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

I'm glad something is better, too.

Terry Lee said...

looks like you have bottomed out and your on your way back to a more tolerable tx. HG is hella low but so are the platlets, they need watching too. Blood transfusion at 20 and bleed out at 10, this may be why the transfusion might take place in addition to the hg. I wonder what the transfusion does to the tx status? You really have had a rough go of things, all the people in my little study in Sacto on the protease had to have the procrit. I cam close on the WBC rescue but stablized around 2.2. Hang in there:-)

magda said...

I am so sorry this treatment is not being very friendly to you. It is hard enough and all the other issues on top of the usuall crap that comes with it. Hopefully the pills will kick in soon and you won't need the transfusion.

Laurie said...

I'm hoping that the only thing that the transfusion will do to tx is allow me to continue sooner.

Right now tx has been stopped. It's been 1-1/2 weeks since my last inferon and 5 days since my last Riba.

I'm concerned that if I continue to wait for the levels to return on their own w/procrit that it might take longer without the transfusion.

If I have to do this then I want to get it done. With all of the horror of it.....it's time to get me back on tx. Otherwise I'm affraid that I've waisted 35 days of pain for nothing.

Thank you guys.
:)