Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 47

Ok, so everything is sore.

Whatever....

I thought that by the time I woke up this morning that my body wouldn't hurt anymore. That's not in the stars for the day. I'll take some Tylenol and hopefully this will go away soon.

To top it off I now have an alien growing on my lip!

I must have ran a fever in my sleep on shot night because I felt it yesterday morning and it just kept growing from there.

I hate fever blisters!

To top it all off, my scalp is driving me nuts! It itches and itches!

I could actually deal with the fact that my hair is breaking off and falling out everywhere. I can't stand my scalp itching all the time. I try not to scratch because I don't want my hair to fall out faster....but there are times that I can help it!

I'm stopping at the drug store tonight to get a hot oil treatment and I think I'll sleep with it in my hair overnight wrapped up in a towel. Something has to help!

So just in case no ones figured it out yet.....yes, I woke up miserable.

I can defiantly tell you that the study drug has a lot to do with my side effects. Now that they're increased back to full dosage , my side effects are coming back full force also. I just hope that the Nueprogen and Procrit hold up and are able to take care of my blood counts.

4 more days and we get to escape. I'm keeping focused on that.

I hope that I my sides follow the same pattern as before they reduced me. Well, not in severity but in longevity.

Before they reduced me I was feeling like crap day 1 and day 2 after my shot. By day 3 I'd pull out of it. Day 4 would be ruff and then I pull out of it again until my next shot.

If that holds true, I should start feeling better by tomorrow. And then, other than maybe feeling down on Sunday (day 4), I should have clean sailing until shot day on Thursday night. Moving the shot each day to bring me back to Friday Night shots should give me an extra bonus day of feeling good.

My fingers are crossed.

They're also crossed that this gets better over the long run......I can't help but think of the 40 more weeks to go. I just might be starting the Zoloft after Vegas.

G.D. Duck! He's not very reliable.

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Now that Roche made the decision to allow you Neupogen and Procrit, I think if your whites and reds drop, they'll allow you more of each, if needed. This may mean more than 1 injection/week of each, if needed, at least as long as you're on the study drug - what is that? the first 12 or 24 weeks? - and I know you're already feeling like a pin cushion, but you got to do what you got to do to slay the dragon. Hope you have a good weekend!

Laurie said...

I hadn't thought about the ability to increase the Neupogen and Procrit.

Yes I feel like a pin cushion! lol
But it would be worth it if I can stay out of that dark pit that I was in.

You also brought up another point that I had forgotten! You're right! I only have to take the study drug for another 16 weeks! I keep thinking that I have 40 more weeks to go! lol

I do have 40 more weeks, but only 16 more with the study drug. If the study drug is the thing that's making this so much worst, the last 24 weeks should be much easier!

Holly cow Iris, thank you for finding my possitives! I needed them today!

:)

Love
Laurie

Terry Lee said...

Hi, with me, the scalp itch is from the Ribas. It comes and goes. Be careful in the sun in Lost Wages as you may be photo sensitive from the study or the Ribas. Sounds like you're doing great even though you're not feeling so well. Have a restful weedend.

Emilio44 said...

And you should remember, if you are in Group C, you will only have 16 weeks or so to go. My guess is that you're in group A B or C. Stay strong. Regards Emi