Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 41

I went looking for pillows yesterday. It was the first time that I've been out and about in almost a full month. It was nice, but like an ass, by the time the day was done I over did it a little bit and found myself eating Tylenol laying on the couch early in the evening.


What stinks is that it's made me realize that my brain is not working right. I went by myself to Wilkes-Barre and I got lost trying to find Pier 1 Imports. Took me half an hour before I pulled over totally confused. I couldn't think straight.....hell I couldn't think right or left either. At one point I couldn't even think of the name Pier 1 Imports....lol.....so I couldn't even stop too ask directions! I was lost but I knew where I was....I just didn't know how to go from here to there.


This isn't Brain Fog, this is Brain Retardation!


Finally after sitting there staring at the road and the cars going by something finally clicked in and it all came back to me. I wonder if that's what it feels like to have Alzheimer's? Man did that suck!


Anyway, I found Pier 1 Imports, I had never been in there before and I hated the whole store! Most everything in there either looked cheap or looked like an "Out of Africa" type of style. Lots of animal prints and long wooden face masks. Also a lot of wraught iron stuff. I would have done better at a garage sale. I did find a really cool glass vase....yeah right....a cool $52 for a 12 inch mass produced blown glass vase! Are they out of their ever loving minds!


I stopped in at Target. No pillows that I liked there either. I did find 2 nice leather looking 3 ring binders for the new office, so at least I didn't walk away empty handed. I also bought a nice tank top...plain but a nice teal color (like I don't look pale enough)


From there I went to Bed Bath and Beyond. I found the stuff I've been looking for to clean our wood floors. I also found Scotch Guard for my new off white area rug at work (boy that stuff is hard to find now a days!). I looked at their pillows there and I liked these four pillows that I saw....but I got another brain fart and for some really really stupid reason I didn't buy them! What is Wrong with my Brain!!!!!!!


Now I'll have to take another ride all the way back to Wilkes-Barre just to buy the pillows that I know I should have bought while I was there! Or maybe Jimmy and I can stop in Hershey and find something there on Monday while we go to see the Doc.


For now I think I'll just stick to driving around here locally. I think I maybe kind of dangerous driving out of the area on my own as I had way too many horns honking at me during my little adventure.


Chemo brain has found me and it took a trip out in the world by myself to realize it. I felt like I was in the twilight zone even on the interstate. 70 miles per hour one minute and then realizing that I was going 45 the next minute. Not being able to decide on a lane and then realizing that I wanted to turn right.... but I'm in the left lane.


Jimmy would have freaked! lol


Anyway, my body really aches today but no drummer boy.


I don't seem to have chemo brain too much as long as I'm in my own element...so that's a good thing.


Other than that...


I still feel Ducky!!!!! :)





P.S. Rose please read my note to you under yesterdays comments

2 comments:

Terry Lee said...

I've always maintained that we shouldn't be allowed to drive on this crap. There have been times when I have driven from SF to Sacto and I don't remember doing it. Glad to see you're doing well again.

My Other Blog said...

If any place is worth getting to, you can just make 3 or 4 right hand turns, instead of 1 left hand turn to get there! I hardly ever drove outside of my neighborhood - work route - a trip to Walmart was a major excursion!