Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 38

Ok ! I feel like a pin cushion! lol

I re-started the interferon last night along with 1 Riba.

I injected the Procrit and Neupregen this morning. Boy Does That Stuff Sting!!!!!

I have 2 study drugs and a Riba to swallow yet and that's it.....I'm back to turning my blood into sewage.

The interferon actually wasn't too bad to me this time. I woke up at around 3 am with what felt like a massive cold. Body ached, Sneezing, coughing, sinus' where full. But then I went back to sleep.

I woke up this morning with a baby drummer boy and I grabbed a Tylenol. Half an hour later it was gone.

Now I just feel a little washed out, but I feel very good.

Yesterday at work I felt mentally great! Sure I was tired and walking slow but it was so nice to feel alive after more than a week wiped out on my couch with no one allowed in my house while my WBC was gone. I just felt so good.

Today I might even find Ducky if the body aches and drummer boy can leave me alone all day(I'll keep the Tylenol close by). If not I'll come home early......we'll see.

Here Ducky Ducky Ducky! Where are you?

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Good Morning Laurie,
I am so glad to hear you are moving in a better direction. You were scaring me as well as yourself and Jimmy. Every time I go to the see my nurse I tell her about you and tell her "Don't let that happen to me!" She sends my blood off each week as well as doing one right there at the hospital and calls me a few hours later with the results. My WBC has dropped alot but my hemogloban(sp?) is good so far. They did alter my test drugs this week and they want me to move up the shot until after my visit this week so they can decide if I will take it this week. I don't have a drummer boy but I do have a construction worker with a jack hammer in my temple. My brain is foggy most of the time and my typing , well it sucks and that is not good as I do a lot of marketing pieces. I spend most of the weekend sleeping or reading in my most active place...the bathroom. No vomiting so far but a lot of sitting there so I might as well take a good book. The one I bought yesterday is called a Year of Fog and the title is what made me buy it. Just seemed so approaite(sp?).I am weak most of the time and this week my eyes just plain hurt. The way they feel if you have been crying for hours. I know I haven't written lately but I am here everyday. I just figured you had enough on your plate then to hear anyone else's sad little story. I hope each day gets a little easier for you. My nurse hears all about you every week when I tell your story and I say don't you let that happen to me she smiles and says I'll try! I hope Ducky finds his way back to you today!
Take Care, Rosie

Laurie said...

Hey Rose!!! :) I'm so glad to hear from you!!!!

What did your WBC drop to? I got headaches very bad when that happened. An ice pack helped a bit, tylenol helped too, but nothing took it away. It's the one thing that I can not stand. That and the weight loss drive me nuts! lol

My brain fog felt more like retardism. My hands and Brain just didn't want to play together well. It's like they get confused.

I never have too much on my plate to hear from friends. Nice thing about writing is that I can do it at my leasure, so if I don't feel up to it at the moment, I will later.

I hope that what you can tell her (your nurse) about my situation helps her help you. This is some very nasty stuff and I found out that I can hit bottom very quickly.

What did they alter your study drug dosages to?

I know I'm talking in circles right now so I think I'll write again later.

I know I'll find Ducky soon....just not today. The drugs are finding me this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow. :) I hear him callin'.

Stay safe, strong and feeling good Rose. I'm so glad you wrote today.

(((Lots of Hugs)))
Laurie