Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 37

I don't usually dream. But when I do it's usually the same nightmare that I've had for years. For some reason (that I think is Jimmy) that nightmare has been gone for the past 2 years. I was afraid of it coming back when I started tx. I was afraid to dream.

This morning I woke up dreaming. Actually yelling. It wasn't that same ole dream....I was fighting. I don't know who I was fighting with but boy did they make me mad! lol

I woke up yelling and woke Jimmy up in the process. It was invigorating. Once I was awake I wasn't angry. I wasn't upset. I actually felt kind of good waking up! Adrenalin....what a wonderful little "cup of coffee"!

Now that I'm up, my body feels a little washed out, weak and my back aches a little....but I still feel so much better than I have been! I can't wait to hear from Hershey how much the transfusion pushed my blood count up to.

I am going into work today. Everyone seems to have mixed feelings about that, but I don't. I'll take it easy. I'll go slow. I'll eat and I'll take care of myself. But I have got to go to work today.

My WBC is back up and the transfusion should have brought me out of danger.

I know that there are other jobs and I know that Jimmy and I could survive without my job. But that's not what I want.....it's not what I need. I've had this job for going on 10 years and I love the people that I work with. On the day that I leave this job it will be my choice and not a choice made because of this Dragon.

Besides, not only do I have a desk job, but I only have 3 days to left to the work week as Good Friday is this Friday and a Holiday.

Today is good....today I get to start getting back to life.

Today I have climbed over the top edge of the dark hole that I fought to get out of for the past 2-1/2 weeks. I am tired.

Now if I can just figure out where the hell Ducky ran off to while I was down there!

3 comments:

Terry Lee said...

Hey John Wayne! Heros die young, you're really pushing it, tell work you want to go 1/2 time. Sometimes the spectators see more than the players!

magda said...

How much do you plan on working on this treatment?

Laurie said...

I want to take it as it comes. And believe it or not I am going slow. I have a desk job that is not all that stressful right now and an office full of people who are willing to help me in any way that they can. They all know what I'm going through.

The work that I do passes the time and makes me forget about how I'm feeling...But not so much that I'm not taking care of myself. If I begin to feel too fatigued or sick I'll leave work and go home.

I can not do tx and stay home. The time would drag and I would feel isolated. That would make me depressed. I have to keep life going. There will be times when it will be like a part time job if I feel as though it's too much because I will go home.

For right now I'll take it slow and I'll watch and I'll be careful not to over due..

But I have to work. I can't make it if I don't.

Thank you both for your thoughts.

I love you too. :)