Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day 20 & 21 with Shot #4

Friday night the shot wasn't bad. It was hard to do. Not just that it was hard to do in my leg....it was hard to do period. It's not easy doing a shot that you know will make you feel bad again just when you're starting to feel good again. Jimmy was right there helping me do it.

Friday night itself wasn't bad, I took the shot grabbed some Tylenol and pretty much went to bed.

I woke up yesterday morning and it was nearly impossible to get from my bedroom to the couch. I was just so weak and every step raised my heart rate to the point of exhaustion. This morning I feel like I'm coming out of it but I'm still so very wiped out and my body is still aching.

It's no where near what yesterday morning felt like, so I know it will be better later today.

Why am I having all of these side effects? I wish it would let up on me for a while. Is it because I am so thin or Does this drug just go "Eany, Meany, Minny, Moe.....your gonna be the one to hurt"?

I see A.D.'s in my future and I am going to ask for a script to control the nausea.

I no longer care about how many drugs I'll be taking. I'm taking drugs that only make me feel like shit....something has got to help me feel as though I can manage this thing better.

Jimmy and I have 3 cats. Jack who's the oldest, Bubba who's the middle anti social one and then there's Hitch, he's the baby. All 3 (including Bubba who has some kind of "human touch" phobia) have begun hanging on me when I'm feeling the worst of it. All day long yesterday Jack laid on the couch with me. Bubba came back and forth climbing under the blankets to Cuddle up beside me and Hitch was relentless with laying beside me and nudging my arm. Every once and a while he'd reach his paw up and gently rub it down my cheek. It's as though they know and they are trying so hard to make me feel better by watching over me. All three of them are rescued cats...so they've seen they're own hardship and maybe are better able to recognize the pain? I don't know, but they defiantly stay much closer to me when I'm down.

Today is going to get better....I can feel it. I'll waist most of the day on the couch and fight for my strength back.

44 more to go. One way or another this has got to become easier......

5 comments:

Terry Lee said...

It ebbs and flows and it has it's own agenda. I never know what it's going to do. You can pretty well count on the fatigue most of the time. You're in the 80% who have uncomfortable sides. The stats say 20% skip the sides but I think it's more like 2%. And yes tx is depressing as we do it to ourselves and there is no end in sight. Sometimes I feel that the cure is worse than the disease:-)

Keep on truckin

Rosie said...

Hello Laurie,
I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I will keep praying for you to get a break every now and then. My nurse said sometimes if the sides are too bad they will change up the meds some. The study drug for me is labeled x, y, & z. She said if my blood counts got to out of whack they may drop one for awhile. Have you heard anything like that? I do believe being thin might make it a bit harder as you don't have all the weight to absorb it all. Each day I am feeling a bit weaker myself I think the drugs are building up and I am getting a bit crabby too. Ask my dog shortie who's barking is driving me nuts! No need to suffer any more than you need to so I would ask for the pills for nausea and depression you want things to be as good as they can so you will be able to complete the tx. The study I am in is double blinded so maybe I am not even getting the same doses as you are. Maybe they will change yours if this continues for you. In the meantime get rest and know that other people are wishing you the best. Rosie

My Other Blog said...

One theory is that the people who get the worst side effects are most likely to clear the virus. Or, at least that's what people told me when I was going through hell. Hang in there - spring is on the way!

magda said...

I often wondered about cats...do they feel our pain, or do they just see another warm body to snuggle up too ,lol, either case, I hope they give you some peace

Laurie said...

Terry, Right now the tx is worst than the disease. It's a terrible circle of making myself sick and then trying so hard to pull myself out of it. I'm going to make it through this.....but it's a nightmare.

Rosie, Mine are labeled x,y and z also. But they told me that if they lower anything it will be the Riba.
Take it easy and go slow. The drugs are building up and you may feel more of them as you go. Take care my friend my thoughts are also with you. :)

Iris, If I'm going to find out if that's true tomorrow. For as bad as I feel my bloodwork from week 2 should come back as clear. My fingers are crossed.

Magda, My cats have to be feeling my pain. Jack and Hitch love to cuddle but not as much as they did over the weekend. And Bubba is usually very anti social, so for him to want to cuddle this much is way out of caracter.
They do make me feel better....except when I'm trying to sleep and the little one is nudging me to wake up! lol

Thanks everyone. I'm hanging in there.