Friday, February 29, 2008

Day 19

Yesterday was good and I actually felt very good last night. Sure I had to walk slow and I kept having to snack on something all day to keep the nausea at bay....but all and all it was a decent day compared to the others.

I took a tylenol last night as soon as the little drummer boy started his beat back up and I fell to sleep without a hitch. Woke back up at around 2:30 and took it again as the thumping had come back. But then I when I went back to sleep I didn't wake up again until the alarm went off this morning. It's been a while since my alarm has had to actually wake me up!

It's weird but when I woke up at 2:30 after I got up for the tylenol and then went back to bed, something told me that my necklace was breaking. I reached up and touched it and it was fine. But when I rolled over to get more comfortable it broke! My favorite necklace! lol....all I could think of was Iris, Terry and Teah talking about having premonitions. Made me chuckle in the middle of night. I'll have to restring it.

Anyway, I feel good this morning!

The down side to that, is that tonight is shot night. Nurse Sandy has told me that I have to use my leg his time. She doesn't want me doing all of the injections in my stomach. Yeah haw....I get to have these red bruised welts spread out on a new portion of my body. Wonder how I'll wear a swim suit in Vegas without people thinking that Jimmy is beating me! lol

I'm reasoning with myself alot lately. For instance, I've moved this shot up one day each week. The night of the shot is not good. The following day is wiped out and the day 3 is do-able but not quite counted as feeling good. Day four seems to be hell. Day 5 and 6 have been great! But then I've been injecting on day 6 and turning it to shit again.

I'm reasoning with myself that I'll get another good day out of this now that I'm done moving the shot up a day. I'm hoping that I'll have day 5, 6 and all day 7 to enjoy as feeling good before day 7 has to turn to shit with a new shot.

ssshhh! I know everyone say's that this stuff is not predictable. I know that you'll all say don't count on it. But somehow I feel a little comfort in thinking that I'll get at least almost 3 days of feeling good! So leave me my fantasy. :)

Who knows...maybe I'll find more than just those 3 days.

I'm waiting to hear from Rose. She started her tx yesterday and she's been on my mind since yesterday morning. If you come to the blog, please let me know ...How are you Rose? Are you ok? Let me know. I'll be thinking about you. Take care my friend.

Today is very good. I am not going to over do it! I will listen to my body and walk slow (even though it's only 3 degrees outside!). I'm going to do everything that I can to hold onto this feeling for as long as I can today. I won't take my shot until just before I'm ready for bed.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Terry Lee said...

I didn't like doing my legs so I've done the last 33 in my tummy. Your PA is a real girl scout.

Rosie said...

Hi Laurie,
Well I did my first shot yesterday and kept waiting to feel like shit but all I had was some dizzyness and a headache. Today after I took those horse pills I was just weak and a little nausea and of course my favorite the headache. I'm thinking that all this extra fat I am carrying may be why I didn't have such a bad reaction. I don't know what tommorrow will bring but for now I am pleasantly surprised at how well I do feel. Been eating lots of yogurt for the tummy seems to calm it down some. Taking rapid release gel tab tylenol seems to work pretty fast.I woke up every 2 hours last night right down to the minute but was able to go right back to sleep. I am hoping this feeling last as I have a very busy day at work on Monday. My nurse told me I would get a big red welt where I injected but all I got was a small bruise, again I think it was all the fat on my belly. Thanks for thinking of me. I read your blog everyday.
Rosie

Laurie said...

Rosie I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad that the side are going easy on you! :)

Take it easy on yourself though and don't over due it at work. This stuff can creep up on you and hit when you don't expect it!

Don't forget to drink lots and lots of water.

You're on your way!!! Congratulations!!!! You are now a full fledged Dargon Slayer! :)

Laurie said...

Oh by the way...

I get the bruise and a slight red rash where I inject. Once I'm pass the sting of injecting it looks much worst than it feels. Out of 4 shots only 1 has been slightly sore days later. Just felt like I slightly bruised a rib.

They just look like hell! So much for wearing a bikini! lol Although my husband disagrees - 42 years old.....guess it's time to give that up anyway :( lol