Monday, February 18, 2008

Day - 8

Well shot #2 wasn't as painful. I still had a fever and chills and body aches. But it isn't as extreme as the first time. This time I feel like I have the flu. The first time it just hurt.

On a scale of 1 to 10, Shot #1 was a 10 and shot #2 is a 7-8. I feel like hell but at least I ache and it's not full blown pain.

I woke up this morning and I had to get out of bed because laying there is causing me to be uncomfortable. Whatever I lay on seems to ache more. Now that I'm up my mind is having a hard time coming out of the fog and the little drummer boy is quietly playing his tune. He'll get knocked off his stage just as soon as the Tyllenol kicks in.

I think that all of the stuff that I bought at the drug store yesterday is beginning to help with the sinus problem that I was getting. Thank God because I really do not need anymore problems on top of what these drugs are giving me.

Time to go shove some more of those pills down my throat and we're off to Hershey this morning. The 4 hour ride there and back is going to feel like forever.

How in the hell am I going to be able to do this 45 more times....

3 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Glad to hear Shot 2 went better than Shot 1. You have to make 45 trips to Hershey for lab tests/appointments??? That's crazy, if you're just having blood drawn, they should just give you a lab slip and you can have it done closer to home and they'll send the results to Hershey and you can call for the results. Otherwise a 4 hour drive could become another 'variable' - mention this word to Sandy - that not all of the other patients have in their treatment. If nothing else this will effect your "crankiness factor," if you have to fill out a questionaire about how cranky you are, each time you go! ;}

Laurie said...

45 more shots not 45 more trips...thank God for something!
I go to Hershey once a week for the first 4 weeks, then every other week for a while and then I think it goes down to once a month sooner or later.

They won't let the blood and urine samples be collected outside of the research facility.

TeaStarWitch said...

Yeah, not an easy ride and it's only the beggining. Feel for ya. Be strong. Some days will be hard and some days will be ok.