Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 7 - Shot #2 Day

The feeling of catching a cold is still there. But I think it's a little better this morning....or I'm simply feeling better because I'm trying to do something about it.

Went to the store and bought another humidifier and a filter for the old one. I don't think that the heat in the house is helping anything.

I also picked up Aveeno medicated lip balm. Aveeno moisturizer, saline Nasel spray and pedialyte.

I know now that it's not a cold. It would would have graduated to couching and sneezing by now. Everyone has told me that I can't catch a cold or the flu while taking interferon.I guess that makes sense as the interferon is fighting a virus....it must be fighting any virus.

What does worry me though is that I know that if my sinus' are so dried out that they are making me feel like crap, they'll also be more susceptible to bacterial infection.That I know is a danger. Even more so, as I continue to dehydrate and my white blood cells continue to die.

Yesterday was a very special day. My Brother and Sister-in-Law came down from Vermont on their way to Las Vegas. Jimmy's Dad came over with them. Jimmy's Daughter Amanda and his Son Nick along with his Fiance` came over. Crystal and Cory where home also. :) I had a full house!


It was so nice to sit and hang out with everyone. Laughing and carrying on.What a treat! The only one missing was Jonathan :( He's been working in Maryland and didn't make it in on time. He'll be here today though, to hang out with Jimmy and watch the Daytona 500.

Poor Gina had a real cold and brought hospital masks to wear while around me. She was worried that I'd get sick from her. I told her that I just wouldn't hug her and I'd wash my hands more. Man I love her. She's a beautiful woman who's a great reminder to me that even if this tx goes wrong....life goes on and is enjoyable. She just deals with the blows.

I didn't want them to leave when it was time. I didn't want the day to end. I just wanted to hang out in the moment for a while longer.


But time passes and here it is Sunday....shot day.

I hope this one is better than the first.

For now I'm still just Ducky.

1 comment:

TeaStarWitch said...

It's so wonderful to have your relatives around you. I too enjoy it.