Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 16

I'm so incrediably excited about yesterdays news that it's giving me a new outlook on the side effects that I'm having. It's working....I'm winning. It's worth doing.

I know I have to hold onto my faith that it will continue. I'm not blinded by the first week results. I still know that I have a long way to go and that there is a chance that this little bastard could fight back and mutate, rearing it's ugly little head causing my viral load to soar back up. I also know that there are other dangers that come with taking all of this poison.

But still......My Viral load has dropped down to next to nothing in one week!

I can't wait for the results of my bloodwork from yesterday! It will show the second weeks fight with 3 shots in. I pray that it comes back undected.

This is going to work!

I woke up this morning and my heart continues to beat hard with every movement. But my mind is fully awake and my body may feel weak....but it doesn't hurt.

I had some insomnia last night but it wasn't anything major, I just kept waking up and making myself falling back to sleep.

I have to get myself together for work today. Funny how I have gotten to the point that I must make a plan on how to make it through the work day.

Todays plan -
Take something to munch on throughout the day. (not an easy task as I do not feel like eating right now and I have the pills to take...that thought turns my stomach)
Walk slowly - my heart rate increases with each step and steals my energy.
Drive carefully - I'm not all that worried about driving....but the way I feel is so unpredictable and the past weekend has played a toll on me.

Still, all in all, I am ready for the day!

It will be good! I am winning!!



Rosie, I know it's hard to get started....I know it freaks you out. I also know it's hard to go through. But even with all of the side effects that are hitting me....it's going to be worth it! You may not even have the side effects that I'm having. We are all different..
It's going to be alright.
This Drug is going to work!

My thoughts are with you. Try to just float through the days and Thursday will be here soon. Everything is going to be alright.

3 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Great news - I've never heard of someone killing so many virus copies so quickly!!! I'm so excited!
Well, you know your WBC and ANC are low - avoid all germy people. If you go into work and someone there has a cold - turn around and walk out. What's your Hgb and Hct? Those are the #s that make you tired.
I'm doing the little Happy Dance right now!! :}

Laurie said...

Both Hgb and Hct are fine on this report. But again this is from after week 1.

The blood work that they just took is what I'm most interested in. I didn't have any trouble walking or with my heart rate really until after the past friday night.

I'm betting that they've dropped in the second week. Although I think it's gotten so much better over the weekend. Your sudgestions have paid off. I'm feeling so much better than I was!

Thanks Iris :) You always come to my rescue.

Rosie said...

Thanks Laurie for the kinds words. Your GREAT news really made me smile. By the way I am in Southern Ca.and my nurse is Cathy, not Sandy like I said. My brain fog set in a few months ago LOL
Rosie