Saturday, January 5, 2008

Yep, you guessed it.....I'm still waiting.

I'm finally over the flu and my regular fatigue has been nice to me for the week. Hit me hard all day Wednesday and made me crash by the time I got home from work. Aside from the need to lay down early each night....this has been a very good week.

The spidy web thingy's (spider nevi) are getting darker and 2 more showed up....nothing like looking in the mirror each morning and finding a reminder that you have Hep C and there's not a damn thing that you can do about it. I guess it's time for me to start wearing more make up. Anyone know a good brand of foundation?

I've carried my phone everywhere waiting for the call, but it didn't come. I shoved the thought of it into the back of my mind saying "Oh just don't think about it"......yeah right, like that really works.

I'll give it through Monday and if I hear nothing I'll call the research nurse again on Tuesday or maybe Wednesday if I can hold out that long.

Worst part about waiting so long is that I'm loosing patience and it's transferring into my every day life. The little things are really ticking me off and I have to keep reminding myself to not react. I truly believe that the only thing that is stopping me from being a total bitch is the fact that I love the people who are around me and I can not hurt them by unloading all of whats bottled up inside my head onto them.

My "Stupid Smile" is getting very worn out now a days, but I still find a way to paste it on.

God help the stranger who pisses me off.

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

If you're serious about waiting until Tuesday, don't be a slave to your phone on Monday. I think you've waited long enough for the research nurse to get her act together after the holidays, next week is the time to get in touch with her and get some appointments set up for blood work, biopsy, etc. Let me know how it goes.

Terry Lee said...

Sounds as though you're going to do just fine on tx, you're halfway there already. What you're experiencing is par for the course. The Hmo's and the drug companies couldn't give a shit about what they put us through prior to tx. After about 2 months of going through what you're experiencing, I really blasted my nurse and gave her the "we are really having difficulty communicating" speech. That helped a little in that she started calling me once a month. I'm having a good week and the shrink didn't lock me up. Of course, I didn't tell her how bad things got 2 weeks ago.